AP holders....A postcard with seeds, who got one?

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
IMG_0095.JPG Flower and garden is my favorite time to go, and I enjoy going to a workshop where you do a project to bring home. Years ago, we made wildflower seed balls, and I had a wildflower garden in Ohio that thrived for years. We just moved, and the garden is something I will miss.

On Monday, this postcard came in the mail, and its a postcard infused with seeds! Our NJ home will soon have a garden similar to what I left! My husband who is also an AP holder did not get the card. Did everyone else get one?

That's cute.

Since I'm currently dealing with a non-native invasive plant situation (stinking ground cover ivy with roots to the center of the earth), however, do check to make sure the seeds they sent aren't on your state's invasive plants list. (Same with the cheerios promo)

That's cute.

Since I'm currently dealing with a non-native invasive plant situation (stinking ground cover ivy with roots to the center of the earth), however, do check to make sure the seeds they sent aren't on your state's invasive plants list. (Same with the cheerios promo)

I only know the seed balls had nothing invasive. Like this, they were native wildflower seeds. In Ohio my worst non native invasive plant had philodendron like leaves, was a vine and had seed pods that were gigantic. Then there's the invasive honeysuckle that was everywhere.

Good luck!

What a nice surprise! We also enjoy the F&GF every year, wandering about EPCOT just to look at/learn about their amazing gardening displays (activating APs in about 2 weeks, no postcards as yet).

Love that the postcard was the perfect "welcome home" for your new house!!

My DH got one a few weeks ago. I did not get one.

It says to plant it and water it but it doesn't say how deeply to plant it nor how often to water it or whether to pick a spot with full sun or partial sun/share. I also wasn't sure if I'm supposed to plant the entire card in one spot or tear it into pieces and spread it out a bit. Has anybody had something similar who can provide some better directions?

I have a definite small place that I want to start my garden. I will use the entire paper and if necessary, I will transplant when the plants are about 3 inches tall.

Because I am in south Jersey, and soil is sandy, I will be closer to 1/2" soil on top of the paper.

The seed balls were like giant gum balls, so, a lot of seeds in a little bit of space, but with care, plants eventually found a place to grow. If you want to break up the sheet, maybe into 10 squares, you still could have lots of little plants in small place.

How to Plant a Seed Paper Promotional Product
Planting_Icons.jpg

Whether your promotional product is printed onto seed paper or the product has a piece of seed paper affixed to it, here’s how to plant the paper.

Supply List
  • a pot for planting
  • some good potting soil
  • a seed paper promotion
  • water
  • a sunny corner
Step 1 | Prepare Your Pot
Fill your pot 2/3 full with good potting soil. Tamp down the soil and add more if necessary. You want the pot to be firmly full, but not packed. The paper can be planted indoors or outside, so you get to choose according to the temperature and conditions at the time of planting (we don’t recommend planting outside if it’s blizzarding or desert-hot!).

Step 2 | Plant The Paper
Take the seed paper portion of your seed paper promotions (it could be the entire piece or an affixed shape) and cover the soil in the prepared pot with the paper. It’s okay if the paper overlaps. Spread a 1/8 to 1/4 inch layer of soil over the seed paper pieces and tamp down gently.

Step 3 | Water During Germination
After planting the seed paper promotions in your pot, give it a good soak. You want the paper and the soil to be nicely damp but not swimming in water. During the first 10 days, keep the paper moist at all times. The water is necessary for germination.

Step 4 | Care After Germination
Once sprouts appear, continue to keep the paper moist but be careful not to overwater. Once sturdy plants appear, water as needed. Here’s what the pot looks like after planting a corporate greeting card:

Paper_Growing.jpg

Step 5 | Enjoy The Growth
Once the flowers (or herbs or vegetables) start to blossom, enjoy them in the pot or cut them and place in a decorative vase

Full_Growth.jpg

Thank you Bobbi for the detailed information. I'm looking forward to planting it and seeing what develops. I think this is a great advertisement for the Flower & Garden festival.

I love the photo of Belle checking out your pretty flowers!

Thank you Bobbi for the detailed information. I'm looking forward to planting it and seeing what develops. I think this is a great advertisement for the Flower & Garden festival.

I love the photo of Belle checking out your pretty flowers!

Best of luck to you!

I did go to a workshop with my husband and a friend in March, and the annual flowers we planted then are ready to go outside, but it has been too cool at nights here in Cape May.

Belle left us in December, I was happy to show the picture, it brought back many memories.

None here yet.. But we just purchased our AP's on line during the 13 month promo. ...I guess I have to activate them when we go next week?? Probably too late to get the Seeded postcard!

Anyone from California receive the seed-card? Yes, a cute idea; yes, a concern for possibly spreading undesirable plants into regions of concern; yes, I love F&G and hope to receive one. :)

None!:mad:

Maybe it is because we have the weekday select AP? We've had it for over a year.

I was also very disappointed that they did not do a promo like last year with the free prints. I asked a CM and she said that they were giving us 20% merchandise instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter