AP for DQ & Water Parks

Arissa

Earning My Ears
Planning for August and looking into tickets again. Having been a few years ago, we still have 'no expiration' WDW park tkts so only need tkts to water parks and Disney quest. (Older DC prefer these so only youngest really wants to see the main parks again.)

Has anybody purchased the joint AP for DQ & water Parks at $129. These appear to definitely work out cheaper if wanting to visit each more than twice, which my boys will definitely want to do. Or are they only for Florida residents?

Also has anyone purchased Universal tkts from Costco? I remember reading a while ago that the local Costco in Orlando sold them at a decent price. Does anyone know if this is still the case and if they do other tickets such as Seaworld or just Universal.

Any advise/help welcome

Thanks

Arissa

I believe the AP's for DQ & WP's are available to anyone, the FL residents WP is for after 2pm for $63/year. Have a look at this list, scroll to bottom for AP's FL residents are the last few on the list, clearly marked.

http://allears.net/pl/ticketchart.htm

Have a read thru this page also for more info on AP's but don't think any of it relates to the WP/DQ AP. http://allears.net/pl/apass.htm

Not seen anyone talk about Universal/Costco tix recently, not sure if they still sell them or not. Try this page http://www.mousesavers.com/universalorlando.html also do a search (or ask) on Universal section of DIS and for UK agents try Kenny's thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2476574

Thankyou Wayneg.

Those links are extremely helpful. Looks like the price has also gone up by $10.
I must have been looking at an old link :)

Looks like the price has also gone up by $10.
I must have been looking at an old link :)

Without checking I guess the price you have is plus tax.
$129 +6.5% ($8.39) = $137.39 exactly same price my link.

This is from Allears (wonder if Waterpark tix will increase soon? its been a year)
Ticket Prices
With 6.5% Tax Included.
Water Park tickets were increased on May 17, 2009. Other ticket prices last increased on August 2, 2009.

We still can't decide whether to get Water Park APs or just pay....it's so hard to know how many visits we'll make.

Ahh, you solved the mystery Wayneg :)
Although having been a few years ago I remember tax was 11%, things have obviously changed.

torsie24, how long are you going for? I know OH always needs a holiday after one of my planned Disney vacations; all that walking and very little chilling out.
Hope to make it different this time, with more chilling out on the schedule. :)

We're there for 3 weeks Arissa, and we tend to visit the waterparks for just a couple of hours, so I do think we'll pop in a few times.

I guess even if we only end up going to each once we won't have lost that much moeny, and the chances are we'll visit more....

Ahh, you solved the mystery Wayneg :)
Although having been a few years ago I remember tax was 11%, things have obviously changed.

You could be getting confused with Room tax,
In Orange County, where Orlando is, it would be 12.5%
In Osceola County, where Kissimmee is, it would be 13%

Been going 17 years and sales tax has always been around 6.5% as far as I know.

Yep, I forgot that tax system. Lots to re-learn :) Will have to catch up again.

We're looking to go for 3 weeks as well, but want to try staying in a vacation home with a pool so it'll be a different experience all round.

We're looking to go for 3 weeks as well, but want to try staying in a vacation home with a pool so it'll be a different experience all round.

Many people love staying in villas and after trying it never want to go back to a hotel but we didn't, we like shared larger pools, having bins emptied for us, beds made every morning, clean towels there evertime we want a shower, not using the vac etc. In a Villa/Condo we don't feel as though we are fully on holiday like we do in a hotel but its something everyone needs to try for themselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter