• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ap fall discount

Anyone else get the Passholder email about the discount?? It states that AP's get "early access" to the discount. There is a countdown calendar for 13+ days. So, am I getting it right that the only AP benefit is early access and the same rates will go to the general public in two weeks??? And the discounts are not nearly as good as in the past. Ugh, not a good sign.

Anyone else get the Passholder email about the discount?? It states that AP's get "early access" to the discount. There is a countdown calendar for 13+ days. So, am I getting it right that the only AP benefit is early access and the same rates will go to the general public in two weeks??? And the discounts are not nearly as good as in the past. Ugh, not a good sign.

Yeah I noticed that. Unless they plan on releasing "more rooms" after that time... *Hopeless optimism*

I never received an email and while I expected limited inventory, I didn't expect the A/P rate to be so lousy!

I did not receive an email either and I am keeping my BB for Wine & Dine 1/2 weekend.

I got the email too. However, I can't even discern what the AP rate is... It was pretty sketchy.

Are AP rates available now??? Does anyone know the discount for a Deluxe?

I've already booked for October using a bounce back offer, but I'm curious to see how that compares to the AP rate.

Thanks!!

I checked the Disney website at 8:00 this morning and nothing was posted. About an hour later I checked another Disney forum and saw that the rates were out today ?? I immediately called, got right through to a person and was told no AP discount for my room. I really let the person know how disappointed I was and that I found it unbelievable that there was no availability after ONE HOUR. He send me on to Guest Services who put me on hold for a bit, came back and said he was applying the 35% discount to my room.

So don't take no for an answer, keep trying.

Sketchy doesn't even begin to describe this AP discount.

I ended up finally getting POFQ for my dates 12/5-12/10 garden view. I did the math and it was 25% off (Seems to be almost the same exact discount as the previous GP discount) What's the point then?!

Edit: I did the math the GP discount is 20% at POFQ and AP is 25%

What is the historical RO discount for Moderates?

I had the general room discount applied to my reservation back in July. When I compared what I paid to the AP discount released today, I'm getting a better deal with the general discount. That's super nice of Disney. Way to reward your AP holders. :(

ETA: Apparently, the weekend we'll be there is not included in the AP rate, so it only applies to one of our nights. That weekend IS included for the general RO discount though, which is why the general code is better for us).

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. I had a hard time finding the preferred room at POR that I wanted with the GP rate so I had pretty much given up on an AP discount but I just called and had it applied. Only saved an additional $83.22 total for 7 nights but it's better than nothing.

If my math is right the AP deluxe discount is 30%. Lower than previous years. Intrested to see what the FL resident rate is.

Just got my email confirmation. I had a GV room booked at POR with Fall discount at $161.50 weekdays/$177.65 weekends but I really didn't want that room. I was on the fence about booking a room at ASSports or booking a preferred room at POR at rack rate $203/$227 but just kept checking online and finally found the preferred room at the Fall discount of 15% off $174.25/$192.95. Nearly $40/night to upgrade to preferred (discount vs rack rate) didn't seem worth it but I knew I didn't want to risk being in a room far from the food court. My new AP rate on the preferred room at 20% off is $164/$181.60 not much more than the Fall rate on the GV room.

I know discounts have been larger in the past but when I look at all the resorts that are sold out for my dates I'm pretty happy to have this 20% discount.

When I checked AKL for the one night we needed in October, the A/P discount was only 25% off...checked a few other deluxes and they too were 25% off. CSR with the A/P rate was 20% off a little better than the current fall promo but since I got a much better discount with Orbitz, I'll be keeping that ressie for sure.

I'm very annoyed. The AP discount for a Saratoga Springs studio is 15%. The GP deal that came out earlier had the same room discounted at just over 20%. Of course the rooms at that rate are no longer available. Why would I wait for a deal like that, Disney? WTH?

I got the email too. However, I can't even discern what the AP rate is... It was pretty sketchy.

I've already booked for October using a bounce back offer, but I'm curious to see how that compares to the AP rate.

Thanks!!

We had a previously booked trip for the weekend before Christmas (4 nights) using the other discount available to the public. When we called about this discount, we got $130 off that price, so we were pretty happy with that. I'm so sorry for others who aren't having any luck!

Thanks!!

If you're already booked with a BB offer then you have the BEST price guaranteed. The RO BB for this year was far better than anything that's out right now!

So I ended up with Saratoga Springs at approximately 27% off. My travel agent called and talked to a supervisor there and got the discount applied after she had already mistakenly booked me there with an AP dining package. :eek: So it's not fantastic, but better than 20% and definitely better than 15%!

So I ended up with Saratoga Springs at approximately 27% off. My travel agent called and talked to a supervisor there and got the discount applied after she had already mistakenly booked me there with an AP dining package. :eek: So it's not fantastic, but better than 20% and definitely better than 15%!
How'd you end up getting a bigger discount?

The dates posted for the AP discount don't make sense to me. In the headline under special offers, it says it's available most nights through 12/23, but when you actually go into the details, the latest block of dates listed ends 12/10.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter