Ap Discounts

April 29th-May 5th..
3 rooms at the WL woods view..
2 rooms came down to $1275.76 with 2 Adults in each room

1 room came down to $1444.50 with 3 adults in this room:banana: :banana: :banana:
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:
chatty

We saved over $2,000.00 by getting the AP discount on All 3 rooms. YIPPIE!!!

Here's what I've found out so far:
They are for check-ins April 15 - June 2
Value Resorts for $74+
Moderate Resorts from $129
$101 off Deluxe Resorts per night

I called at 7am sharp and asked if they had out the new AP discount codes and they were shocked themselfs and applied the 3 rooms I had deposits on.. YIPPIE!!!:banana: :banana: :yay: :yay:
chatty

I just called too and she said there is nothing for the Poly, but there is for the WL. Darn. She said they should all be out and the Poly seems to be all booked up for April l5-21.

i called and got Port Orleans for $129/night + tax.

was told there was no discount on our POP Century Room we have for 1 night, 2 rooms. It did not apply, only at All Stars music and sports. Ill see if anyone else has luck there before calling back.

i called and got Port Orleans for $129/night + tax.

was told there was no discount on our POP Century Room we have for 1 night, 2 rooms. It did not apply, only at All Stars music and sports. Ill see if anyone else has luck there before calling back.

Wow, looks like they'll be busy. What are your dates.

Boo hoo for us. We're going April 2-4 and was told the AP rates won't start until the 15th. She said they're pretty much sold out for our week and is sure no discounted rates will be released. We've got the Swan booked for $249.50 resort view balcony using an SPG rate (50% off rack). I doubt we'll do better then that. We prefer the Disney Epcot area deluxes but will have to do that next time.

I had my first "unmagical" moment with a Disney Cast member in 13 years. I called to switch my reservation and I couldn't find my number so she looked up by my phone number and told me I didn't have a reservation. I told her that I did have one and was there any way she could look it up and she hung up on me:headache:

I called back and got the nicest gentleman and he found my reservation with no problem and my room rate on POR went from 175 a night to 129 a night. More Mickey bars for us:)

Thanks for letting us know. I have been checking the Disney passholder site since 5:00 am this morning and they hadn't updated it. When I got to work I looked again and nothing.....then I looked at the DisBoards.

I got a discount on our campsite......COOL!

THANKS AGAIN!

Are the AP discounts always this fickle?
For example: Sorry no Poly., having smaller discount for Delux vs. Mods.
Does having a room only ressis help in your ability to get a disc. transferred to you. :confused3
Thanks for the input:thumbsup2
Hey Canadian Guy now is a good time for a dissertation on the virtues of the fickelness of AP discounts.:surfweb:

I called this morning as soon as I read that the rates were out. I talked with a reservationist, who got an attitude as soon as I said that I wanted to modify an existing reservation. She told me that there were no AP rates available at the POFQ for my dates.....so, I asked her to check the AKL....she acted as if it was a bother...then said 'no AP rate availble'....I asked her to check Coronodo Springs ...and she said 'nothing available'....by this time I asked her to check any resort for AP rate availability for my dates....and she hung up on me.

I called back a few minutes later....and the new reservationist confirmed that there were no rooms at the French Quarter...but, noted availability at Riverside.....Coronodo Springs...and Animal Kingdom! So, I got the AP rate at Coronado Springs.....:yay:

When I got off the phone I was so irritated at the first reservationist's attitude that I called back and spoke with a Supervisor. She was very nice and said it would be difficult to find out who I was speaking without having her name...but, she said she would try to check the phone records. She told me that she was very sorry and happy that I called back and was able to get the AP rate applied.

So.....JaJuan....I had exactly the same experience as you....must have been the same reservationist. No reason for her attitude....no reason why we should be subjected to it. Glad to hear you had sucess with your second call :thumbsup2

Thanks for the info!!!:flower3:

I had a ressie at Pop for June 1-4 on a AAA rate of $93. Nothing for Pop with the AP rate, but I moved to ASMu and got it for $74. Not a huge difference, but since we have a big trip in August the June trip has to be cheap.

If airfare doesn't come down we're staying home, so switching the resort wasn't that big of a deal.:)

Boo hoo for us. We're going April 2-4 and was told the AP rates won't start until the 15th. She said they're pretty much sold out for our week and is sure no discounted rates will be released. We've got the Swan booked for $249.50 resort view balcony using an SPG rate (50% off rack). I doubt we'll do better then that. We prefer the Disney Epcot area deluxes but will have to do that next time.

Kate- Have to ask what is a SPG rate? I reserved a room there for November with a nice entertainment book discount but I just realized that if by some chance they offer bounce back again a room at the Swan wouldn't qualify so I may have to rethink my choice.
Thanks, Denise

OP, thanks for posting!! We had AAA rates before and saved a little more with the AP:

3 nights at Pop for $284.01 -- went to $249.75

4 nights (waterview) at POR for $707.64 -- went to $670.52

So the total savings was $71.38, enough for a couple of nice table-service meals. :thumbsup2

Are the AP discounts always this fickle?
For example: Sorry no Poly., having smaller discount for Delux vs. Mods.
Does having a room only ressis help in your ability to get a disc. transferred to you. :confused3
Thanks for the input:thumbsup2
Hey Canadian Guy now is a good time for a dissertation on the virtues of the fickelness of AP discounts.:surfweb:

Yes the AP discounts are always this fickled. Sometimes some resorts don't have any offered, sometimes there are weeks blacked out, sometimes months are blacked out. Last summer there were no AP dicounts at the value and moderate resorts for June and July. I've seen September skipped over, we saw October skipped completely one year.

As for having a prior ressie. It actually hurts you because it gives the resorts the impression that the resort is full. If the resort is full, no discounts will be offered for that resort. As you've seen some posts that the Poly is not offering discounts, people holding those ressies must now decide to either pay full price or move to a resort offering the discounts. I've been an AP holder since 1995, so I've seen lots of AP discounts come and go. The key to getting a good price, not always at the resort you want, is flexibility.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter