• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP discounts up to 35% out 10/2 thru 12/25 today 😀

I'm confused how they calculate this. It said up to 35% for AKL but ours showed 10% for AP and 15% for Disney+. How do you get the 35%? Or is it just standard rooms or something that have those and savannah studios have less?

I'm confused how they calculate this. It said up to 35% for AKL but ours showed 10% for AP and 15% for Disney+. How do you get the 35%? Or is it just standard rooms or something that have those and savannah studios have less?
It's the "up to" - key wording. It may be 35% on some dates, or as low as 10-15% for some days, or no discount at all. A lot of Fri/Sat nights are not eligible and the discount can vary each night. And yes, can also be dependent on room type.

Yeah, we had no discount on Friday-Saturday but I knew that wouldn't be eligible. I was just wondering about the AP discount only being 10% for the other days (the 25th through 31st of October). And surprised to see that Disney Plus gave more than AP. Do they have some greater discounts that then sell out? Or is it just "Up to" because maybe its 35% for one day on one room type, and then mostly 10% for the rest?

Or is it just "Up to" because maybe its 35% for one day on one room type, and then mostly 10% for the rest?

Exactly! Kind of sneaky, but it's better than no discount, enjoy your trip!

Are you signed in to your MDE account and with your specific date range input?
I was, but it wasn't showing anything besides the "check availability" link for every hotel until I clicked into them and then showed prices. After I added an offer to the compare vacation offers page it started showing the prices again. Weird.

Almost all of the rack rates are astronomical from Dec 15 to Jan 3. 00176D6F-AD51-4AF7-A9AB-B5A1CAC80B1D.jpeg
F132DBB4-7A18-46D1-B0AD-7C5C742D2D4A.jpeg

The price difference between CBR and POR isn’t much and I’d imagine CBR more popular with the skyliner.

35% off POR makes it much more attractive by comparison!

It's the "up to" - key wording. It may be 35% on some dates, or as low as 10-15% for some days, or no discount at all. A lot of Fri/Sat nights are not eligible and the discount can vary each night. And yes, can also be dependent on room type.
I did not get a discount for Friday and Saturday but received 35% for Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday at the YC for late October with Disney Plus

I had booked rack rate at the FW Cabins for the week after Thanksgiving and saved $1,027.72 with the AP rate (D+ was the same rate for my dates) so I'm pretty jazzed for this! I was thinking of canceling but this makes it much more manageable!

Can't wait to go to both Christmas parties now!

I did not get a discount for Friday and Saturday but received 35% for Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday at the YC for late October with Disney Plus
That's great! And that is where the "up to" comes in. You saved the 35% on some nights, but if you average it out, it's about a 21% discount for all 5 nights. Nice for the YC!

That's great! And that is where the "up to" comes in. You saved the 35% on some nights, but if you average it out, it's about a 21% discount for all 5 nights. Nice for the YC!
Yeah, I was booked for early October and saved approx $700 on my trip but Friday and Saturday stayed at rack. I just used the GP room only that came out.

Almost all of the rack rates are astronomical from Dec 15 to Jan 3. View attachment 767918
View attachment 767917

The price difference between CBR and POR isn’t much and I’d imagine CBR more popular with the skyliner.

35% off POR makes it much more attractive by comparison!
Agree. I was browsing to do a potential Dec short trip and was like “woah, and that’s 35-40% off?!” I think Disney got too aggressive in its price raises.

I booked weekday CSR at 35% off for early mid- Sept & early mid- Dec and the Dec rate is 20% higher, not sure I’ll keep it. I was considering 40% off at a deluxe but once I saw the prices that was a nope. I can’t fathom those post 12/15 rates 😱

They will now with these discounts. All these discounts tell me they are having issues filling bookings. You rarely see these type of discounts for the holidays.
Free dining in 2019-

Free, delicious offer!!!​

Discover all that's festive and fun this fall and holiday season with a delicious offer at Walt Disney World Resort! You can enjoy a FREE dining plan when you purchase a non-discounted 5-night/6-day vacation package that includes a room at a select Disney Resort hotel and ticket with a Park Hopper Option.

Book through September 29, 2019 for arrivals most nights:

• September 1 through September 18, 2019
  • November 17 through November 27, 2019
  • December 8 through December 23, 2019

https://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/wa...es-in-fall-2019-now-available-for-booking.htm

This was a good deal and pretty typical. Plus they used to do the bounceback offers all the time. I think their strategy has always been high rack rates, see what fills, discount the leftovers.

I too found they are not discounting Friday or Saturday nights with the 25% for everyone OR the Disney+ discount either. PLUS, I could not get a discount at The Contemporary, no matter what dates I used. Bummer! I switched to the Beach Club and saved $1200 over the Contemporary, never had stayed here, hope it's great! This is for Oct. 22 - 28th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter