AP Discounts in January

rosiep

<font color=deeppink>I don't drink, I try to conve
Hi All,

DH and I are planning to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary in January. I was thinking of getting an AP in hopes of getting a better rate at the Disneyland Hotel.

Can anyone please tell me if they offer a discount (at the hotels) for AP's always..or only during certain promotions? I already see that there are no blackout dates in January..

Thank you in advance...

I'm pretty sure they always offer a discount. Just better discounts during different times of the year. So yeah, you may get a good discount for that time of year.

I'm pretty sure they always offer a discount. Just better discounts during different times of the year. So yeah, you may get a good discount for that time of year.

Oh I do hope so....I tend to be very conservative money wise (aka cheap) and if I can at least say I got a good bargain I won't feel so bad splurging. It is my 25th anniversary right?

Encouragement please.....

(Prices aren't out yet so it's really hard to plan for)

They had AP5 or AP6 rates in Jan, we stayed at the PP for $139 a night. I know the DLH and GCH also had lower rates but for whatever reason I went with PP. lol But even if they don't have the uber cheap AP rates available they will still give you a discount, I'm not sure what it is though.

I wouldn't get the AP just for the hotel rates, they are hit or miss.

The AP will give you a 15% discount off resort rooms year-round. However, they release special AP rates during different off-peak periods. This January, they offered the AP4 rate around the 3rd week of January and it was good through the first week of March.

As long as you do not go over New Years or MLK Holiday, I am pretty sure you will get a great AP rate. The problem is, if you are an overplanner like me;) the rates will not be released until towards the end of the year. But they typically are close to 50% off rack rates for some dates. I know a few times DD's Cast Member rate was no better than AP rates if you hit it right. I have booked both many times.

Of course you deserve to splurge for your 25th!:thumbsup2 I hope it is very special.

Our anniversary is the 13th so I think we'll be past the holiday crowd. I am a compulsive planner...so should I not book anything when Disney opens up the regular packages for January? If you're an AP do they notify you of these specials or do you need to call?

Also what does the numbers stand for in AP5 or AP6 etc?

I appreciate everyone's responses, encouragement and helpfulness....:cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter