AP Discounts for AKL

jeanwdw

Earning My Ears
Hi!

Just noticed that codes have come out up to Aug 2nd , has anyone found out if these apply to AKL ?

We are going back to our favourite resort this year, can't wait !

Many thanks:cool1:

I Dont Think They Do:goodvibes :goodvibes I'm Looking At Going To AKL In October & An Ap Rate For Standard Room Club Level Would Be Fantastic But I Dont Think I Will Be In Luck:confused3 :confused3

Hi!

Just noticed that codes have come out up to Aug 2nd , has anyone found out if these apply to AKL ?

According to MouseSavers, people have used the AP rate against AKL and got a Std View for $179/night in regular season.

We got an AP rate at AKL for May 29-June 2. 4 nights in a bunk-bed s-v room (the only s-v room available) was $1233 ($308.25/night, all taxes included) for 2 adults.

The pool view for the 4 nights came out to $850.52 ($212.62/night, w/taxes).

The same nights at standard view were $805.48 ($201.37/night, w/taxes). This is probably the $179 rate listed on mousesavers. The taxes add up.

No one ever quoted me a rate on a savanna-view room (without a bunk bed), since there were none available.

I had to call back a couple of times to get the s-v bunk bed room, which was available the first time I called--during my "fishing expedition" phone call--unavailable the next 2 times I called (during which phone calls I was told by the CMs that the s-v bunk rooms were all gone and would NEVER reappear since the AP rates were now being handled in a different way from previous times), then reappeared (despite what CMs 2 and 3 told me) on the 4th call. All these calls were made on the same day, btw, within a few hours of each other. At no time was I ever quoted a rate on a non-bunk-bed s-v room, but it's possible those rates may appear at some point. I think I called on the day the AP discounts came out--last Wednesday--which day I completely accidentally picked to plan this spur-of-the-moment trip.

If you call and don't get the rate/type of room you're looking for, I encourage you to call back as often as you want to. Even on the same day, in the same hour, you can get something you were just told was unavailable, impossible, completely booked-up, etc., etc., etc. It's all a matter of timing and luck. A couple of years ago, we were staying at a non-WDW resort where we'd booked a 9-night stay, and after about 15 seconds, we knew we didn't want to spend 9 nights there.

The next morning, I called the Disney reservation line right after I woke up, and amazingly was able to book the final 7 nights of the trip at AKL at an AP rate. Talk about Disney magic! But wait, there's more! All they had were standard rooms at AKL at the AP rate, so that's what we booked. We were so thrilled to be at AKL 2 days later when we checked in, that we would've been happy to stay in the lobby and sleep on the sofas...or even the floor! :) But, Mickey worked some more magic, they upgraded us to savanna-view (at no extra charge), and we had the happiest and cheapest 7 nights in a s-v room at AKL that anyone has ever had.

The moral of the story is: keep trying for the rates you're looking for. They may appear, even at the most unexpected time.

:wizard:

What is AP? Annual passholder? I really really wanna stay at AKL but am trying to get it as CHEAP AS POSSIBLE. So I don't have to sell one kid, just to be able to stay there.:rotfl:

Hi!

Yes, AKL is included in AP discounts! In sifting through my notes, if you go during value season (late July thru Aug 2), then standard AKL room is $129 + tax! I have not double-checked that, so if this is incorrect, posters please do correct me!

We got AKL for 6/7-6/14 for $179 a night for standard view. We transferred our rooms yesterday from POFQ. When we first started looking last week there wasn't any availability with AP discounts at AKL, but for some reason yesterday morning there was. I would check every morning.

I ran across a savannah view for $194 for 8/1 & 8/2. That's not what I was looking for, but I did see it! :rotfl2:
When the rates were first released I put in TONS of combinations and NEVER got any rooms at AKL to come up. Maybe this batch of rooms was released after the others. :confused3

Try again first thing in the morning. I tried last Wed, Thurs, & Fri and it wasn't available, then it was yesterday. It was strange! Keep trying! Good luck!

Last night when I was checking availability for 8/1 and 8/2, I did see AKL standard view for $129, but according to other posts it may not be available now. We thought about taking it but then decided to keep our WL standard view for the same price. I wish the discounted rates went for one more day as we need 8/3 also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter