AP discount over Easter

I'm confused- you can not add a dining plan to the AP room only rate for Easter?

I thought you could always add the dining plan, at regular price, at any time to a room only reservation.

Anyone with experience?

I'm confused- you can not add a dining plan to the AP room only rate for Easter?

I thought you could always add the dining plan, at regular price, at any time to a room only reservation.

Anyone with experience?

When you add the dining plan to your "room only", they have to actually switch you to a coded package, and cancel your original reservation (totally new reservation number). So there could be a different set of restrictions, such as a limited number of packages available to resort during the time period, for these coded packages.

What number do I call? I don't remember it being this way a couple of years ago, but I'm all for it! If I found a room I wanted, how would I buy the AP?

You're welcome. You know, you can call WDW and they will quote you the AP rates and allow you to book a room with an AP rate before you buy your AP? No need to get an AP unless you find the room you want!;)

What number do I call? I don't remember it being this way a couple of years ago, but I'm all for it! If I found a room I wanted, how would I buy the AP?

Just call the regular WDW # 407 939-6244 and ask for AP discount prices. I think you can order an AP on the phone, although we have also waited until getting to WDW to buy it. You don't have to own it to book the room. You just have to prove it to them at the hotel or they will charge you the full price for the room.;)

Once again- thanks to MrBean!

I went back on the AP site to see if I could add DP to my CSR room. Yes, I could but the price jumped from $992 to $2220, :scared1: OK so dining would cost me $1228 for 2 adults for 6 nights? Then I realized that the room price went back to the regular price- no AP rate. (then I did room only at CSR and got $1654 for the room- so you basically saved us $662) :worship:

Looks like we will be purchasing the TIW card this time around. Now that can be added at any time, right? And is it good for a year or does it expire when your APs expire- do you have to show a valid AP? Not sure if we will renew in August or wait until next December to renew.

Dining JUST came up for me - woohoo!
This is for CBR on the 28th... and Movies on the 29th - finally was able to add deluxe dining.
So called and tried to have her adjust my movies ressie - no such luck. So just cancelled both resorts on the phone and rebooked.
I had the code - believe it's QLU for deluxe, as that's what was applied it looks like to my earlier unblacked out part of my stay. She couldn't apply that to my ressie for 28th or 29th, said it was blacked out - yet of course, is coming up online thankfully.
So saved $71 on my CBR night... and $63 on my Movies night - adding deluxe dining to both.
Other day saved $63 on my r/o Movies night. phew!
So now have AP rates for all of my 7night stay. Is crazy... have 5 ressies and staying at 4 different resorts. Two nights are room only as we don't need dining. that's nice with deluxe dining, and credits carrying over till midnight the day you check out. We always do split stays and hop around a lot - call us super crazy! Let's just say it takes me a LONG time to get schedule JUST right to fit in all the dining we do, and then time to spend at each resort we stay at - oh, and park time, too!

But thank you Mr. Bean for posting this info - as my girls would say - you rock!

I just booked April 3-10 2010 on the website and save almost $600 on our stay at POR I hurried up and put a deposit down on it and now I have to remember to called in the morning and cancel my other reservation. I was ok with paying $2900 cause I didn't have a choice cause it was blacked-out but now that I got the AP rate and the total is $2300 I am cutting back flips and dancing for joy!!!!:dancer:party::dancer:

Got an email from the ressies I booked online where I added deluxe dining. It shows the code for it is QIN - in case anyone tries booking a room with deluxe dining over the phone, that should be the code for it!

I just ordered my AP and it came in the mail yesterday and am completely new to the AP. My question is, I booked my room with the AP rate and they say you need to present your AP when you check in to the hotel. I got the voucher in the mail and need to go to MK, Epcot, DHS, or AK to trade my voucher in. Will the POLY accept my voucher as proof or will I need to go trade it in first?

Hi! I am not a AP member, but thinking about it. I have a few questions. If I become an AP member can I book a room for me plus others (3 adults, and 1 child) if I am the only one who is an AP member?

Yes you only need one adult AP to be able to book the discounted room rates.

I just ordered my AP and it came in the mail yesterday and am completely new to the AP. My question is, I booked my room with the AP rate and they say you need to present your AP when you check in to the hotel. I got the voucher in the mail and need to go to MK, Epcot, DHS, or AK to trade my voucher in. Will the POLY accept my voucher as proof or will I need to go trade it in first?

I had this situation a few years ago when we were staying at POR. They let us check in with the voucher but asked that I come back to the desk after I exchanged it. They wanted to see the AP when I came back and made a note on my reservation. I think we checked in around 1:00 p.m., we got our room, went to MK, and I went back with my AP around 7:00 p.m.

I'm not sure if that's what they'd do now, but it worked this way for us. Maybe someone with more recent experience will comment.

Thanks MrBean ...

We just booked an AP room only for spring break ...
March 27-April 2 for Pop (84 for the first night, 87 for the next five.)

What a great rate for Spring Break !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

We also got the AP rate at POP for Spring Break!
March 26th thru March 31st.

Glad to see they opened up the black-out period. I almost had to book off-site.:scared1:

The Easter break dates are still showing up with good AP discounts. Now if Disney Travel Company could just figure out how to apply the dining plan code.

I made my room only ressie at BWV for 4/1 through 4/10 over a week ago. Was on the phone with them for 40 minutes while they tried to apply the dining code and was told Harriett would be working on it and she'd call me back. The next day I got an e-mail saying I reserved a package at an astronomical price (no AP discount). Called immediately and was told that my room only was still there and I should ignore the e-mail about the package because Harriett was still working on it. Called yesterday (1 week after making the reservation) to see how Harriett was doing -- after being on hold 30 minutes, I learned she is still working on it. My room only remains safe.

It's frustrating. Has anyone else had this trouble getting the dining code applied? We just want the Quick Service Dining plan.

Do they ever change the blackout dates for non-AP discounts? The first day of our stay falls in the blackout timeframe for the public code(4/10) Should I be encouraged that AP discounts now include that date?? :confused3

I haven't been able to add dining either. And the AP site now had mods at $245 a night, no discount. I am going to keep my room only (4/4-4/11 at CSR)and wait a few more weeks or until I hear that someone else got it to work.:thumbsup2

Quite often guests do not notice going from a room only reservation to a WDTC package. However there are times it cannot work due to availability or package restrictions.
As someone already posted:
When you add the dining plan to your "room only", they have to actually switch you to a coded package, and cancel your original reservation (totally new reservation number). So there could be a different set of restrictions, such as a limited number of packages available to resort during the time period, for these coded packages.

But hopefully someone contacts you with good news.

Quite often guests do not notice going from a room only reservation to a WDTC package. However there are times it cannot work due to availability or package restrictions.
As someone already posted:

But hopefully someone contacts you with good news.

That's what I thought, too, but I specifically asked whether the issue was with turning it into a package. The response I got from two different CMs was that they can always add dining to an AP room only reservation.

Oh, well, if I don't get the dining, that won't be the end of the world. I wasn't even going to get it until the CM suggested it for an upsell and it seems like a good idea.

I haven't been able to add dining either. And the AP site now had mods at $245 a night, no discount. I am going to keep my room only (4/4-4/11 at CSR)and wait a few more weeks or until I hear that someone else got it to work.:thumbsup2

Just tried the AP site for your dates, and it still shows up as $147 a night. :cool1:

That's what I thought, too, but I specifically asked whether the issue was with turning it into a package. The response I got from two different CMs was that they can always add dining to an AP room only reservation.

Oh, well, if I don't get the dining, that won't be the end of the world. I wasn't even going to get it until the CM suggested it for an upsell and it seems like a good idea.

You can still get your dates on the AP site for BWV including the quick service plan, so the CM probably just doesn't know the code to use. Hopefully someone can help you out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter