AP activation

theostwalts

DIS Veteran
We have a trip scheduled beginning May 1st, 2021. Our first park day will be MK on Sunday May 2nd. I have an AP linked to my account that has not been used yet. In the past I have usually activated them at Disney Springs on our arrival night, however, we don't have an ADR at Disney Springs this trip. The AP is linked on my MDE account. Will I be able to enter the park on Sunday morning and just get the card form guest services in MK?

Thanks,

We have a trip scheduled beginning May 1st, 2021. Our first park day will be MK on Sunday May 2nd. I have an AP linked to my account that has not been used yet. In the past I have usually activated them at Disney Springs on our arrival night, however, we don't have an ADR at Disney Springs this trip. The AP is linked on my MDE account. Will I be able to enter the park on Sunday morning and just get the card form guest services in MK?
You need to activate the AP before you can enter a park using that AP.
There are Guest Relations windows outside the MK gates.
(See #9 on the map below.)

MK_Gates_090817_zpsz6xveu0x.jpg

You can also activate the new AP at any ticket booth.

You need to activate the AP before you can enter a park using that AP.
There are Guest Relations windows outside the MK gates.
(See #9 on the map below.)

MK_Gates_090817_zpsz6xveu0x.jpg

You can also activate the new AP at any ticket booth.

Thanks! We are staying at BLT so that will be a quick walk over.

Make sure you have your driver's license or an ID. I have made that mistake and had to walk back to the hotel and get it. :sad2: Not a fun way to start the day.

You can activate APs at any Guest Services location or at any ticket booth. GS at MK can have a fairly long line in the morning, but if you're at BLT, that's the closest place to activate an AP.

Steve

You can activate APs at any Guest Services location or at any ticket booth. GS at MK can have a fairly long line in the morning, but if you're at BLT, that's the closest place to activate an AP.

Steve

Thanks. We are arriving on Saturday and not doing a park that day. I will probably walk over that evening and activate it. Or just make a loop on the monorail!

Thanks. We are arriving on Saturday and not doing a park that day. I will probably walk over that evening and activate it. Or just make a loop on the monorail!

It'll be quicker to walk over. GS at MK is on the far end of the entrance plaza on the BLT side. Taking the monorail will take a lot longer just to save 2 minutes of walking.

Steve

It'll be quicker to walk over. GS at MK is on the far end of the entrance plaza on the BLT side. Taking the monorail will take a lot longer just to save 2 minutes of walking.

Steve

It really wouldn't be to save time. We will have our grandson for his first trip and I am sure he will want to take a loop on the monorail. :-)

It really wouldn't be to save time. We will have our grandson for his first trip and I am sure he will want to take a loop on the monorail. :-)

Sounds like a great way to start things off. Since you'll be taking the resort monorail, you'll be making the full loop (long way around) on the monorail.

Steve

Yes, the original colors of the plain bands are still free for AP holders. The other plain colors (i.e. light pink, mint, navy) are $5. Other bands are available at various amounts.

Steve

I activated my pass before at Disney Springs when it was Downtown Disney but have been doing at the parks for the last several years. I want to activate the Saturday afternoon we arrive at Disney Springs before or after our lunch ADR. Where do I go to do that these days since everything seems to have changed in Disney Springs? I looked at a map and I see there is a ticket center in a completely different location than in the past. Is that where I would activate my pass?

No. You go to the Welcome Center. It's right by D-Luxe Burger. I'm not sure what the Ticket Center actually does as both times I've gone there to take care of ticket related business, they've sent me I've to the Welcome Center. Fortunately, they're close by each other.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter