• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP 13 month Promotion

I think you had mentioned previously working at Epcot-is that the park that was (at least yesterday) activating passes with the 13 month exp date? I'm hoping so as we will be activating our AP there in less that 2 weeks-really hoping for that extra month :)

I work at all the parks wherever I can get hours, but Epcot was indeed the place I was at yesterday.

k, so after working yesterday, I bring a little bit of real-world information with regard to this promo.

Raven -- thank you for your update on this situation!! I am guessing that with no wording of "must activate by" date that purchasing now and activating in April i should be ok. With the number of people likely taking advantage of this offer and who are not actually traveling between now and 1/3/17 - Disney's intention is to allow activation later in the year. I guess arriving with proof of purchase date will help with making sure that is the case.

Ughhh...
Should have read the updates to this thread from this AM. I have a gold pass that was ready to be activated but after reading this thread last night, I figured since it wasn't purchased between 10/2016 and 1/2017, I wouldn't get the 13 mo. So, I just bought a 7 day Parksavers pass to be bridged to an AP for my trip next month this AM, just so I could get the 13 months...I guess I could have just activated the one on my account and rec'd the 13 mo. Now, I have another ticket to keep track of...I wonder if I upgrade this ticket to the Gold pass to be activated later on, whenever I activate it, I will get 13 months, i.e. In 2018? It's strange because the gold pass I currently have on MDE says expires May 2017...
(I bought 3 of the 10 day PH, WPM, NE a couple of years back before they were phasing those out so I have a decade worth of Disney tix stashed away and to keep track of).

I renewed my AP (expired Oct. 14, 2016) on Sept. 17 when I was at the parks. When I went yesterday, I stopped at guest services and they were able to add the extra month, so that it is active until Nov. 14, 2017.

I have my complaints in as I didn't need to activate my renewal when I did it online and I would have missed this by 2 days if I knew to wait (and I would have waited to renew if I knew this). I didn't get a chance or didnt' want to stand in the guest relations line yesterday so I'm heading back tonight (probably using springs guest relations) to see what I can accomplish with another month.

Well, we just purchased AP's today to be activated on our late Feb- early March trip. Here's hoping we get the 13 months. We will activate Feb 28th so if we could get through March 28th 2018 we could possibly squeeze in a spring break trip.

I purchased my tickets mid September and activated them yesterday. They gave me the 13 months

FYI. The email that came with the barcode to redeem the passes said "passes are valid for 13 consecutive months" at the bottom.

I just called twice, the first time I was told they had to be activated by January 3rd. The second time I called she seemed to do a little more research and said as long as they were purchased by Jan 3rd and activated within 18 months, I would get the 13 months. This was for new passes only.

I am going in late Jan and have a ticket as part of my package and was going to upgrade to an AP.

So it looks like I won't get 13m since I won't have an 'AP' until after Jan 3 and the ticket I got today is just that, a MYW ticket.

Correct?

(if so a bummer but hey I'd still get the new discount and perks for the 45th Anniversary)

I am SUPER stoked about this, as we were planning to buy our first AP's this January already!

Deleting original post...when I went online to look at my renewal options it lists the 13 months. SWEET!!

Last edited:
Same question with a renewal here - I've got a platinum that's up in early December. I'm going to be there early November and may (or may not) renew then.

Basically if I renew online then I just get the 12 months.
But if I renew in person I MIGHT get the extra month if I whine?
(Or I can just let my AP expire and buy a new one for $100 more to get the extra month.. :/)

Here's the official word for new passes from WDWToday on Twitter:
Hi Christine! That an excellent question! We apologize for the conflicting information. You must purchase the Annual Pass certificate between now and January 3, 2017. You then have 18 months from the start of the promotion (which was yesterday) to activate the certificate to get the 13th month for free. So if you are planning on returning next October and activating your certificate then, you will be completely fine.

Well it's too late for me & DH because we just bought new AP's in September BUT we have a family trip starting ON January 3rd (talk about luck with that) and I have a 7 day parksaver hopper that I had bought back in July for DS - hadn't decided yet if we would upgrade it to an AP or not (since he's in college and can't ALWAYS join us). But now I think it's worth it to upgrade his hopper because then we can plan to go again in January of 2018 and won't have to buy a tix for him again. Just wish we had used our parksaver hoppers for ourselves in Sept. and waited for January to buy our AP's too.

First of all, a huge shout-out to @ravenclawtrekkie for the above-and-beyond contributions to this board.

Okay, Disney. I'll bite! I'm thinking of taking a trip in December with the Parksavers ticket in my account. Between the extra free month and the extra discounts, I think it tips the scales toward upgrading my ticket to an AP.

There is another thread (in the DVC forums) that indicates this promotion does not apply to renewals, but to new APs only. Someone received that information via e-mail from Disney. I was really hoping that was not the case!

I know nothing about DVC but as an AP, I renewed online this month and got the extra month so it does apply to renewals. Surprisingly easy so thanks Disney. It finally almost feels like you appreciate us passholders! :love:

I had sent an email to Guest Services asking if the AP had to be both purchased and activated by January 3, giving the precise dates and example for my trip: Buy it now, arrive and activate January 28 etc. I then asked when the AP would expire. This is the response I received:

"Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

When Guests purchase or renew an Annual Pass as part of this promotion, they get 13 months for the price of 12! This promotion will end on January 3, 2017 for new passes and in February 2017 for renewals.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us."

This was perfect for me as my AP expires on 10/16/16 and we have plans for 10/22 - 10/30 this year and again 10/23 - 10/31 next year. I renewed and can now get both trips plus extras under the 1 AP

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter