• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AofA or Swan/Dolphin

JamiT

Earning My Ears
Looking to do a last minute trip in mid August since the flights are so cheap. We normally stay at the Poly but willing to try something new and somewhat better financially. I have a 2.5 year old and 7 year old so the pool is number one. I like the looks of the new Animation resort but have always thought about trying Swan since it is so close to Epcot and the studios. Has anyone done Animation yet?

No experience with either resort, but in case you aren't aware, you can't use Magical Express to Swan/Dolphin (because they're not Disney-owned). That won't matter if you're renting a car, or don't mind booking your own transportation (town car/cab/shuttle), but I really appreciated having ME earlier this year, and No ME would be a deal-breaker for me.

The Swan and Dolphin are currently offering huge discounts for most dates in August, making them no-brainers. The Dolphin has AAA rates as low as $121/nt right now. The Swan is not much more expensive at $135/nt.

True, with the Swan and Dolphin you have to factor in the resort fee plus parking or transportation, but there's no comparison between a poorly located value property and a deluxe level resort in arguably the best location in WDW. Unless you're on a tight budget, I'd choose the Swan.

No experience with either resort, but in case you aren't aware, you can't use Magical Express to Swan/Dolphin (because they're not Disney-owned). That won't matter if you're renting a car, or don't mind booking your own transportation (town car/cab/shuttle), but I really appreciated having ME earlier this year, and No ME would be a deal-breaker for me.

how are the pools at dolphin ??? can you compare to the SAB?

SAB is the clear No. 1 resort pool on property. However, the Swan/Dolphin Grotto pool would probably rank as No. 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter