• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AoA- which rooms/views to request??

mommyof2boys1girl

I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine...
We are coming to WDW in Oct, family of 5 staying at AoA. Looks like we can choose between Lion King or Cars family suites. I found a copy of the resort layout - are any rooms better than others? We are looking for quiet, but not too far a hike to the main pool and bus stops (taking Disney transport). Any advice, or does it matter? I assume there are elevators at the resort (sorry - sounds like a dumb question, but we've stayed other places and requested top floor only to find we had to schlep up 5 flights of stairs 2 or 3 times a day carrying bags and sleepy kids....:scared:)

Thanks for any advice - it's our first WDW trip, and dh is having a wonderful time making fun of my detailed, over-researched planning.

I haven't stayed there, but we did walk over to the resort from POP on our last trip and the Cars section looked soo fun!! That part of the resort wasn't open yet so didn't see any rooms. It didn't seem like the resort was all that big but I didn't have to make the trek to the buses so I can't really say about that either. lol. Not much help am I? Just thought I would say it looked really really fun! My kids want to stay there next time. Have fun! :flower3:

The Nemo suites are the most centrally located to everything, but the other two sections of family suites (Cars and Lion King) are truly a short walk away.

The suites are all located off inside hallways. Noise does not seem to be an issue at all. We didn't hear a peep above us, below us or from outside. All the buildings have elevators, so that should not be an issue. The Cars section has a pool if you want to be close to that as well, where Lion King will have the play area.

There are other resorts where I would not want to be in certain sections, but walking around AoA, I didn't see anywhere I would't want to be. Maybe others will have more to add with their experiences if they have stayed there as well.

The only thing I would want others to be aware of is a situation that happened to us. I will be posting this on the AoA thread as well soon. When we booked our family suite at AoA, we (supposedly I thought) booked a Nemo family suite. (Cars was other option). When we went to check in, they put us in a Cars suite, saying that was the only availability. I was a little stunned and disappointed, all my girls talked about was the Nemo suite.
The CM checking us in explained that the on-line "box" you check is only a request, not a "guarantee". If this is truly the policy, others should be made aware of this. So again, if this is policy, the theme of the suite is a request, not a guarantee. I would definitely follow up with a phone in request if you book online or make the request on the phone if booking with them via phone.

In the end, we did end up with a Nemo suite, that's a different story...
but it's good to know ahead of time to be open to any of them.

AoA is amazing! You will love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter