AoA vs. Poly

shm_helene

Mouseketeer
I had posted this a while back but thought I would pose it again...

My husband and are are planning a trip to Disney in August with our 3yo and 1 yo. I am torn btwn Poly (standard room) and AoA (suite). I know they are very different but I feel like they are the best two for our current needs.

I like that AoA has bigger rooms and separate areas and as far as I am aware a small kitchenette area and is definitely themed for the 3 yo's age. In the UG it lists the commute times (using car) as pretty close (except for MK). Also the fact that it is new is nice.

I like that Poly is on the line to MK and is super close! I also like that there is a "beach" area. Also, I could be wrong but I thought there might be balconies, which would be nice in the evenings when the girls have gone to bed or while they are napping. Plus, I've always loved it and never stayed there :)

I feel like we are leaning towards AoA simply because of size but would appreciate any thoughts from those of you who might have more experience!

I had posted this a while back but thought I would pose it again...

My husband and are are planning a trip to Disney in August with our 3yo and 1 yo. I am torn btwn Poly (standard room) and AoA (suite). I know they are very different but I feel like they are the best two for our current needs.

I like that AoA has bigger rooms and separate areas and as far as I am aware a small kitchenette area and is definitely themed for the 3 yo's age. In the UG it lists the commute times (using car) as pretty close (except for MK). Also the fact that it is new is nice.

I like that Poly is on the line to MK and is super close! I also like that there is a "beach" area. Also, I could be wrong but I thought there might be balconies, which would be nice in the evenings when the girls have gone to bed or while they are napping. Plus, I've always loved it and never stayed there :)

I feel like we are leaning towards AoA simply because of size but would appreciate any thoughts from those of you who might have more experience!

very different properties, that's for sure. Polynesian would be my pick simply because with your childrens' ages most of your time will probably be spent at the Magic Kingdom, a simple boat or monorail ride away. So convenient for mid day naps and relaxing. When our girls were those ages our resort of choice was the Contemporary. The resort launch to the Polynesian is great, it's a small boat but drops you right at the marina, close to several long houses. Rooms are spacious, rooms are available with a patio (1st floor) and balcony (3rd floor in most bldgs.). Inside corridors, and they are in the process of updating all rooms. AOA is interesting but with a monorail property you have access to all of the dining opportunities of GF, Contemporary, Polynesian and with a little manipulation even the Wilderness Lodge and Ft. Wilderness.

We don't have experience with AoA, but we love the Poly. Being just 2 monorail stops from MK and a 5-7 minute walk from the TTC to catch the Epcot monorail is very convenient. Plus the tropical atmosphere is beautiful and the volcano pool is great as it backs up to the beach with a view of the castle in the distance. It's also hard to beat having the beach for watching the fireworks, with a short walk back to your room without fighting the crowds out of MK. The Poly is our favorite resort and while we've never stayed at any of the values and can't give an opinion on them, I would choose the Poly for the convenience with two little ones. Good luck.

It's like comparing apples and oranges.

I never stayed in a deluxe, but we're a family of 5, and I wouldn't trade a bigger room for a monorail stop. We stayed in the Lion King suite, and we loved it so much we just can't see ourselves elsewhere.

Yes, it's far from MK, but the space was so much welcomed! The food court is great and we loved the little bed-table.

But your kids are still young, mine were 6-4-2. And you have two, while I had 3. So your needs are not the same as mine. With two kids, I would probably have taken a regular room. But when you have 3 kids, personal space begins to become quite important.

For us, I'd choose AoA for the themeing. My kids, 6 and 3, loved the themeing all around the hotel as well as in the rooms. I figure while they are young, I'd rather enjoy that and then move to somewhere that isn't themed in quite a childlike way in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter