AoA vs CSR

Aflyingbuttress

Mouseketeer
We have AoA booked for a week but CSR is available just a couple weeks sooner at only $110 more for the same length stay. We're traveling with our 5 year old. Considering the construction, which would you stay at? I'm assuming the trip to MK is a bit shorter from CSR, but not sure how significant the difference is. I'm wondering if the food will be better at a moderate resort as well. Would that be correct? Or is it about the same? Which hotel is easier to walk around?

I feel I should just switch to CSR but we're in a Little Mermaid room. I don't care too much about the theme but these rooms seem to sell out quick and I'm afraid to give it up and then for some reason regret it.

Any advice or tips about the differences between these two?

We have AoA booked for a week but CSR is available just a couple weeks sooner at only $110 more for the same length stay. We're traveling with our 5 year old. Considering the construction, which would you stay at?

CSR.

I'm assuming the trip to MK is a bit shorter from CSR, but not sure how significant the difference is.

Maybe 3-4 minutes closer.

I'm wondering if the food will be better at a moderate resort as well. Would that be correct?

In general, no. But in this case I feel it is as there are more options at CSR.

Which hotel is easier to walk around?

Both are easy to walk around.

I feel I should just switch to CSR but we're in a Little Mermaid room. I don't care too much about the theme but these rooms seem to sell out quick and I'm afraid to give it up and then for some reason regret it.

Any advice or tips about the differences between these two?

What you will get a CSR over AoA:

Larger rooms
Queen Beds
Ceiling fans
Coffee Maker in room
Pool Slide
Hot Tubs
Fitness Center
Multiple bus stops
Sit down restaurant
Lusher grounds
More laid back relaxed atmosphere

Now it's up to you to determine if the above amenities are worth the extra $$. To us, it would be.

Thank you so much for spelling that out for me. I think coffee maker in the room sold me lol. Also more food options, which I didn't realize. And the bus stops. I assumed there would be a lot at AoA but I guess looking at a map now I don't see too many. All of what you said makes it worth the money. I'm going to switch.

For $100? No question, CSR even with construction. You'll have bigger better beds, more dining options, better busing, and a pool slide & hot tub!

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking! I was worried about the refurb going on, but it sounds like that isn't going to be too bad.

I made the switch last night. The pricing was a little more than I anticipated because I didn't realize that the special offer was only showing me a 4 day ticket price and we want a 5 day ticket. It was negligible though. It worked out to be $123 more than AoA. Feels like a steal!

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking! I was worried about the refurb going on, but it sounds like that isn't going to be too bad.

I made the switch last night. The pricing was a little more than I anticipated because I didn't realize that the special offer was only showing me a 4 day ticket price and we want a 5 day ticket. It was negligible though. It worked out to be $123 more than AoA. Feels like a steal!

We've stayed at CSR several times and have had a great experience every time. Enjoy your trip!

Curious why you guys say the busing is better at CSR vs AoA. I've never stayed at CSR, but I really enjoyed AoA when I stayed there (much more so than CBR). One of the issues I had with CBR was the multiple bus stations. It took FOREVER to actually get out of the resort at CBR. With AoA, you didn't have that and I found that so much better.

For what it's worth, I stayed in a little mermaid room at AoA. But, there were only 2 of us in the room. I loved the resort. The themeing was great, the buses were great. We didn't really eat there much. The resort was new and beautiful. I did really consider it for our upcoming trip (a family suite as there are 5 of us) but for $200 more I'm staying at Poly!

Curious why you guys say the busing is better at CSR vs AoA. I've never stayed at CSR, but I really enjoyed AoA when I stayed there (much more so than CBR). One of the issues I had with CBR was the multiple bus stations. It took FOREVER to actually get out of the resort at CBR. With AoA, you didn't have that and I found that so much better.

For what it's worth, I stayed in a little mermaid room at AoA. But, there were only 2 of us in the room. I loved the resort. The themeing was great, the buses were great. We didn't really eat there much. The resort was new and beautiful. I did really consider it for our upcoming trip (a family suite as there are 5 of us) but for $200 more I'm staying at Poly!

I've never stayed at AoA, but from what I can tell from the resort map, there are only bus stops near the main entrance. CSR has bus stops around the property so you don't have to walk across half the resort to get to a bus stop. But then, I don't know if there's more to it than that. I'm just basing this on the map.

No, that's true. Just the one bus stop, which I found to be WAY faster and convenient that the multiple bus stops at CBR. That seriously took FOREVER just to get out of the resort. Not sure if CSR is the same way.

I haven't stayed at AoA, but I have stayed at CBR and CSR. While I liked CBR as a resort, the busing was rough and I likely won't choose it again...the seven bus stops felt like too much and the buses were always crowded.

CSR only has four stops, which are conveniently located around the resort. It's also one of the most centrally located, so none of the park are far away (even MK feels like a short ride). Because it's a convention resort, a portion of the guests are not using the buses and therefore they are rarely crowded...plus, the old BC building has been demolished and other buildings are being rehabbed so there are even fewer guests using the buses. (*Hopefully the busing continues to be above average after the tower is built).

I haven't stayed at AoA, but I have stayed at CBR and CSR. While I liked CBR as a resort, the busing was rough and I likely won't choose it again...the seven bus stops felt like too much and the buses were always crowded.

CSR only has four stops, which are conveniently located around the resort. It's also one of the most centrally located, so none of the park are far away (even MK feels like a short ride). Because it's a convention resort, a portion of the guests are not using the buses and therefore they are rarely crowded...plus, the old BC building has been demolished and other buildings are being rehabbed so there are even fewer guests using the buses. (*Hopefully the busing continues to be above average after the tower is built).

Good to know, thanks!

I dont think the poster indicated the busses were better at CSR....he was just pointing out that there are multiple stops at CSR. Thats all it was. AoA in fact only has ONE bus stop, whereas CSR has four.

I've never stayed at AoA, but from what I can tell from the resort map, there are only bus stops near the main entrance. CSR has bus stops around the property so you don't have to walk across half the resort to get to a bus stop. But then, I don't know if there's more to it than that. I'm just basing this on the map.
CSR by far has the best bus service i've ever experienced. I never had to wait more than 5-10 min tops, and I never had to stand. Not even after wishes at MK if you can believe that! Its truly magical how amazing the buses are. The resort is gorgeous too....OP @Aflyingbuttress you made a good choice! I do like AoA very much, but CSR is worth the small upgrade. :)

Ok, so I'll be the dissenting opinion on this one, which is pretty low-risk, since you already changed the reservations. :)

I have stayed at AoA and been to CSR. I would choose AoA over CSR 100 times out of 100, construction or not. I find CSR to be way too large and spread out for any stays with a small child. If I was there with just me and my wife, I would probably go CSR. With kids? No way.

Before folks check in with "request a close-by room" replies, please remember that requests are NOT guaranteed. The first time I made a room request it was for a specific room at POR. We got exactly what we asked for. Like ... the exact room. However, since then we have had much less success. I stayed at AoA for Marathon Weekend and requested a nearby room. We were literally the farthest away from the lobby that we could possibly be. Not a huge deal normally. After a marathon? Not awesome.

Bottom line- you could stay at CSR and get a room in Bldg 3. You could get a room in Bldg 7A. Might not be a consideration for everyone, but as proud parents of an occasionally fussy toddler, closer is better.

I have stayed at CSR multiple times and it is my favorite moderate resort. I much prefer having multiple bus stops to one (although the 7 bus stops at CBR were too much, CSR is much better). I also don't find the resort too big at all, especially since the OP would be in a Little Mermaid room at AOA, so they would have been in one of the farthest rooms at that resort by default. I think you made a great choice and you will really like CSR, it is especially beautiful at night!

No, that's true. Just the one bus stop, which I found to be WAY faster and convenient that the multiple bus stops at CBR. That seriously took FOREVER just to get out of the resort. Not sure if CSR is the same way.

Yeah, I figured it might be faster but my priority is less walking over shorter bus rides. I'm disabled and want to save the lengthy walks for around the parks as much as possible.

Ok, so I'll be the dissenting opinion on this one, which is pretty low-risk, since you already changed the reservations. :)

I have stayed at AoA and been to CSR. I would choose AoA over CSR 100 times out of 100, construction or not. I find CSR to be way too large and spread out for any stays with a small child. If I was there with just me and my wife, I would probably go CSR. With kids? No way.

Before folks check in with "request a close-by room" replies, please remember that requests are NOT guaranteed. The first time I made a room request it was for a specific room at POR. We got exactly what we asked for. Like ... the exact room. However, since then we have had much less success. I stayed at AoA for Marathon Weekend and requested a nearby room. We were literally the farthest away from the lobby that we could possibly be. Not a huge deal normally. After a marathon? Not awesome.

Bottom line- you could stay at CSR and get a room in Bldg 3. You could get a room in Bldg 7A. Might not be a consideration for everyone, but as proud parents of an occasionally fussy toddler, closer is better.

Thanks, I appreciate the opinion.

We had booked a Little Mermaid room which is pretty far away from everything at AoA so I figured we would be walking a lot between going to the bus and back and to food and back. I honestly don't know how it compares in size to CSR but I figured at least at CSR I will have a somewhat close bus stop.

We also stayed at CBR last year with our daughter. It was really huge and I disliked that about it. It seems smaller resorts are out of our budget or booked for the most part. I read CSR recently added a new bridge and the walk from the farthest rooms is a bit shorter now. Either way, CBR was manageable with our daughter last time so I think CSR will be ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter