AoA LM rooms - getting charged for items in the room available for guests to use?

discookiemonsta

Mouseketeer
I am a bit confused about something....
this is a part of a post I read about the items in LM rooms -

"the little sign that said the items that were in the room were for guests to enjoy but if you took them it would be charged to your account (not word for word but very close to the wording)"

I have stayed at Pop quite a few times and we've always used the items in the room (little shampoos, conditioners, soap etc....) without a charge.

Can anyone else confirm this for me? (I really don't need to use any of the stuff in the room, but with two small kids who play with everything, I'd like to know ahead of time!)

I am a bit confused about something....
this is a part of a post I read about the items in LM rooms -

"the little sign that said the items that were in the room were for guests to enjoy but if you took them it would be charged to your account (not word for word but very close to the wording)"

I have stayed at Pop quite a few times and we've always used the items in the room (little shampoos, conditioners, soap etc....) without a charge.

Can anyone else confirm this for me? (I really don't need to use any of the stuff in the room, but with two small kids who play with everything, I'd like to know ahead of time!)

I do not believe they are referencing the soaps, etc....they are referencing the themed items in the room like wall hangings, bedspreads, shower curtains....yeah, apparently some pretty classy people have been lifting those items...I remember it being reported as happening at the POR royal rooms too.

Unfortunately, there are enough ridiculous people out there that they felt the need to put a sign up to remind you not to steal!! :sad2:

Much in the same way that fancy hotels may provide bathrobes for use (GF I'm looking at you) they will often have signs that say feel free to use them while you are a guest, but you will be charged if you take them when you leave.

I am the OP that commented about the sign on the vanity, and I too think it meant the items in the room such as curtains, wall hangings etc. Trust me, I can't imagine anyone stealing the towels like I have heard people to at hotels, they not worth having! I just found it amazing that Disney would have to put that little notice in the room but I guess there are people that would steal from the rooms? Shoot, I felt bad after one trip where I found a washcloth from a cruise ship in my bag, it had been around an ice pack and I didn't realize it was packed with the reusable ice bag when I was leaving the cabin, but even funnier was the fact that the next year I took it back on our next cruise and put it in our dirty towels that first night!!!

Sooooooooo, how much do they charge for a missing shower curtain?????? The ones from POP would match my bathroom great, but they're technically unavailable for purchase..............

I wish they would just sell this type of thing in the resort gift shops. They would make wonderful souvenirs! :)

Mousemommy1 said:
I do not believe they are referencing the soaps, etc....they are referencing the themed items in the room like wall hangings, bedspreads, shower curtains....yeah, apparently some pretty classy people have been lifting those items...I remember it being reported as happening at the POR royal rooms too.

Unfortunately, there are enough ridiculous people out there that they felt the need to put a sign up to remind you not to steal!! :sad2:

Wow, it would never occur to me that someone would steal a bedspread or painting off the wall. How on earth do they think they could get away? Like housekeeping wouldn't notice your beds have no blankets. That's crazy but I guess if you are a thief you must not be too bright.

Wow, it would never occur to me that someone would steal a bedspread or painting off the wall. How on earth do they think they could get away? Like housekeeping wouldn't notice your beds have no blankets. That's crazy but I guess if you are a thief you must not be too bright.

Someone stole one of those beautiful framed prints off the wall of the lobby at the Wilderness Lodge, I have friends that work Disney resorts and the amount of stealing would shock most of us.

DVC used to have Fiestaware in the kitchens, but have had to go to generic white to try and stop people from taking them.

It really is sad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter