AOA for adults

awatt

<font color=CC66CC>My pontoon boat is like a float
Taking a quick weekend trip and thinking about staying at AOA. Have read some reviews not recommending this resort for adults. I love the pictures SPF the place. Any thoughts?

A friend and I stayed there for one night when it first opened, and enjoyed it. Then, dd and I stayed there in early June...last spring. She was almost 20 at the time...stayed for two nights (due to the cost)...we both enjoyed it. I doubt I would stay there for more than a few nights (3 or 4), but like it a lot for quick trips.

Heck, I'm 29 and I'd stay there again. When I went with my Dad and younger siblings last October, we stayed there and all enjoyed it. I was 28 at the time, but I'm still a kid at heart.

If adults are in the Little Mermaid section - they will have normal sleep surfaces, just as in Pop. No problem!

For us - the trouble came when we had adults in the suite. The Innova bed & the couch were not comfortable at all. In fact - they were horrible!

A regular room in the Little Mermaid section will be just fine. Have a great time! :goodvibes

If you are a Disney fan, you will enjoy it. However, be aware that it will be FULL of larger families and tons of children.

There are some complaints about the suitability of all the sleeping areas in the suites for adults. Seems to be that any adults who are not in the queen bed in the "master" bedroom will need to be able to sleep on smaller pull-outs and may sacrifice privacy.

I stayed at the Pop last week, but went over to AOA out of curiosity. I can't speak for the rooms themselves, but as a 30-something, I LOVED the theming. Especially the Cars section. I wish there were some regular rooms in each section, though, instead of just the suites.

I was there last fall. I'm Childless by Choice and was there with another CbC person. The theming at the resort is STUNNING and it *REALLY MUST* be seen at some point. I'm the self professed Queen of the Values, so I'm used to that category of resort and I'm quite content there (I have also stayed in every moderate and 3 deluxes.)

Theming is SUPER, CMs were fine, bus service good. That's where the positives end.

In room noise was significant (LM room). I am a very sound sleeper, yet I was awakened each night by babies crying, people talking, etc. The food court (it may be better now) was LOUD CHAOS no matter when we ate. It took a long time to get food and then a moderate time to stand in line to check out. Once seated, the food was tepid.

Most of the food sounded better than it tasted. Notable exceptions: build your own pasta/salad/fruit and granola bowls. Naan bread was also very good.

You get real silverware which is good news/bad news. You have to bus your own table, dividing silverware and flatware, while trying to shove the garbage through a much too small hole w/ spring loaded door.

I'm a runner, so I'm used to walking and distance, yet it was a HIKE from the LM rooms to food court, bus, etc. So much so that refillable mugs were a joke for another other than meals.

My advice? Stay at Pop and walk over to admire the resort.

I stayed last December and will stay again this December. I loved the resort. I'm pretty tolerant of kids and noise though. I am a light sleeper, but earplugs work wonders and I'm often so tired each night that I pass out,lol.

Didnt find the walk from LM to AH bad, but that's me.

DH and I stayed in a LM room December and thought it was great. Clean, quiet, and the shower was about the cutest thing I've ever seen.

We ate breakfast at the food court just about every morning and had no problems - decent basic breakfast fare, didn't feel overly crowded. Stopped for dinner late one night after a disastrous meal at Epcot - caprese sandwiches were delicious!

We aren't bus people so no complaints about distances because we drove to breakfast in our way to the parks rather than walking. :)

In our no-kid travels we've always found that noise level and kid crowding are far more dependent on your neighbors than your hotel. At WDW, the Beach Club was actually our noisiest experience. We finally ended up moving rooms.

I stayed there this past august and had no complaints the food court was fantastic the bus service was good and the room was perfect. We had a lake view so it was nice and quite the only slight "issue" was the walk on some nights.

That being said you are going to disney, it is going to be crowded with families it kind of comes with the territory

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter