ANZACs in November/December 2013... register here!

35 days to go.

We decided to book the Universal Studios Hollywood VIP tour after seeing it on the news tonight (quiet news day). We were unsure about it until now, but then then DD11 the budding movie maker saw it and wants to do that instead of Paramount (we've done Warner before). So that is booked.

I've also booked WOC dinner package, princess lunch, American Girl lunch, and Space shuttle viewing. The only thing to go is the Planetarium at Griffith Observatory which is 2 weeks out. I joined DH as a member so I could pre-book and guarantee parking.

So here I am uncharacteristically still with many things to do including booking transfers :lmao: I'm laughing hysterically in panic.

We're finally in our new home but still having issues with council which has been stressful. I can't wait to go on our trip!

I feel your pain Shushh, in a case of bad timing after booking everything I decided to quit my job and start my own business. I thought about cancelling the trip but we would loose a fair bit of our money especially the flights.

I am now trying to finalise the purchase of another business before we leave on our trip. I am dealing with banks and lawyers etc trying to get the deal done before I go. I also have to meet all the staff and get them to sign new contract, sign a lease on the office and transfer all the service providers over to my company.

I'll be glad to get on the plane so I am free of phones and emails even for a few hours.:badpc::badpc::badpc:

45 days for us - I have decided I want all my Christmas present shopping done and cards written by 20 November.

in 24hrs i will be in sydney, in 48 hours i will be on the plane to USA, in 72 hours i will be in orlando!!
:yay::yay::yay:

in 24hrs i will be in sydney, in 48 hours i will be on the plane to USA, in 72 hours i will be in orlando!!

That's awesome - for me it's 48 hours until I leave for Tokyo and Tokyo Disney and then 10 days until i'm in Orlando :)

That's awesome - for me it's 48 hours until I leave for Tokyo and Tokyo Disney and then 10 days until i'm in Orlando :)

Woo hoo! It's almost November and it's time to depart. OK. In hours I'm at 744, so I think I'll stick with days right now - 31! :hyper:

I had a thought this morning, as I was getting ready for work, that a week from now I would be waiting for a taxi to take me to the train station. And I would be in the house smothering my dog with hugs and kisses while she wonders what on earth is going on :P *sigh* anyone else feel bad about leaving their fur babies behind?

I had a thought this morning, as I was getting ready for work, that a week from now I would be waiting for a taxi to take me to the train station. And I would be in the house smothering my dog with hugs and kisses while she wonders what on earth is going on :P *sigh* anyone else feel bad about leaving their fur babies behind?

Yes fireflyFi we have 2 pups we have been tossing and turning about what to do. Thanks god DIL love them and have offered to take them on their own holiday to their place whilst we are away. Its bad enough when we leave them in the morning but the best thing is even when you have a bad day at work they are waiting at side doors with tails wagging and plenty of kisses.

DizOz said:
Yes fireflyFi we have 2 pups we have been tossing and turning about what to do. Thanks god DIL love them and have offered to take them on their own holiday to their place whilst we are away. Its bad enough when we leave them in the morning but the best thing is even when you have a bad day at work they are waiting at side doors with tails wagging and plenty of kisses.

Good to hear you've found accommodation for your pups! I've got a house / dog sitter looking after my girl. Not someone I know, but seems trustworthy and loves the dog. I'm asking for regular photo updates :)

You're so right about the happy faces when you get home - makes the door so much brighter!

Hooray pixiedust: can finally say we are leaving this month. 4 weeks 1 hour and 23 minutes but who's counting.

I do too. Our dog, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel will be staying with her Nan and Pop next door - she spends a lot of time in there anyway when where at work, but she's "my dog" IYKWIM, right now I'm on the lounge and she is curled up next to me. She sleeps in the floor next to myside of the bed. I think I'm going to miss her and her crazy snoring...

On a more positive note - 4 weeks today!!!

Our fur babies go to a kennel where they also breed and show dogs. They love to see them.

40 days until we leave Oz! :cool1:

Well, I closed the door on my dog this morning for the last time for almost three weeks. I think she knew something was up, and I struggled to keep the tears back!
So I've got just half a day of work, then fly to Cairns at 3pm. Tomorrow I'll fly to Osaka at 12pm. Honestly it feels like I'm really paying for this holiday, with just bad luck leading up to it. Two weeks ago the stupid payroll department worked out they had been overpaying me for the last six months and so wanted to pay me nothing this round to balance the books. Then two days ago I was patting my dog and found a lump on the side of her chest. A quick run to the vet yesterday and it's probably all fine, but should be removed. And then last night I put the dishwasher on for a last run before leaving and it broke down...! So some (unsuccessful) repair attempts at 3am this morning have left me very tired. I'm due for some good luck, right??

Definitely. Surely you have got it all out of the way at once and things go smoothly from now on. Tell work they can't do that - they'll just have to deduct a % each pay for x weeks. Hope you have a magical holiday to recover from all of these dramas you can do without just before you go. Sending lots of empathy and pixiedust:

here at the world!
arrived at our lovely villa on sunset lakes last friday been full on ever since
have done a bit (but not enough) shopping, taken a trip to Walmart :)
went to universal studios for a day
went to hollywood studios as our first disney park...i thought it was pretty busy but we managed to do most things, except TSM which i didnt even bother rushing to get passes for, but managed to go on tower of terror twice and RNR twice
went to MK later in the day, got there around 5ish and stayed to watch Wishes which was lovely as usual....managed to easily get on splash mountain, BTM wasnt operating, walked on to pirates of caribbean, and magic carpets, had a great view of the fireworks from near caseys corner..if the kids hadnt have been dead on their feet i would have stayed and gone on some more rides as they were so easy to get on to compared to daytime and it was so crowded gettin back on the monorail to the carpark
last night parked at the boardwalk and walked round to epcot, but we only popped in for 15mins , it was so busy and crowded in their as the food and drink festival is still on
today went to animal kingdom, manged to go on everest 3 times, fastpasses were easy to get hold of and wait time never more than 30mins, dinosaur was walk on,and nothing else was hard to get onto, even tho the park seemed busy it wasnt too bad, very humid i thought today thot
tommorow planning on rope drop at MK just till lunchtime and then maybe some shopping!!

Hey Baf65 - good to hear that all is going well.

I'm at 3 weeks today. Yes!

I've made two more bookings.... Been up overnight twice this week for the 8am start.

This morning I booked Fantasmic Reserved Seating. This is our 4th trip and we still haven't seen it! So I figured if I book and pay we will! :rotfl:

I've also reserved tickets to see a Nick show being filmed, "The Thundermanns" It's not showing here yet, by the looks of the Youtube it a typical tween shouting sitcom IYKWIM. OK, the tickets are not guaranteed, they're a ticket to get in a line to have a chance of getting a ticket. I tried to get Austin & Ally or Jessie, but you need to be very very lucky to get through with your internet connection, kind of like winning a radio station competition. We haven't told DD, and we might be too tired by the time that days comes along, but we'll give it a go.

Plus we have Universal Studios VIP Tour booked. But I think I mentioned that in a previous update.

3 weeks - 3 weeks - 3 weeks.

Aussie Wendy said:
Hope you have a magical holiday to recover from all of these dramas you can do without just before you go. Sending lots of empathy and pixiedust:

Thanks for listening to my whinge, Wendy. I think tthe pixie dust worked :-) arrived in Osaka last night without much of a hitch (apart from realising I had no directions on how to get from the airport to my hotel...and I forgot to pack socks! Lol)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter