ANZACs in November/December 2013... register here!

I say this to myself every morning I drag my sorry behind to work,
and on repeat on dreaded MONDAY'S

Yep. Although I've had next to nothing in the way of work this year so DH has had to pick up my slack :(

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Welcome :)

We were at DLR in December '11 and it was all so pretty dressed up for Christmas :) Make sure you watch the fireworks and stand close to the snow machine poles. The 'snow' smells so yummy.

Thanks for the welcome - appreciate it :) - We are planning to do the Xmas party at WDW world but are so excited those things are offered for free at DLR! Though i'm not so sold on this new World of Colour Winter thing they are putting on - really just want to see the original show again!

With everyone going this time of year, did you see the discounts released today on the Disney website. We justo managed to modify our existing reservation, from 8 nights at POFQ and we had a dining plan to 3 nights at POFQ with a room discount and I added in the dining plan. Then we are switching over to WL for 5 nights for free dining, all for an extra $200. So get to stay at a moderate and a deluxe. Although now I have e bookings for the same time of year, but will Skype call tonight to cancel our original reservation.

We worked the figures and could of stayed at the moderate with the free dining and saved a couple of hundred dollars, but we already had the budget aside so decide to do the upgrade.

We are doing the VMMCP and CP while we are there, my boys are so happy. Can't wait.

I added to the 2014 list - as that is when we will be at DLP.

We (DH, DD20, DD15) are leaving for Italy on 14/12. Then Vienna, Budapest, London, DLP (Jan 9-13 for DD 21st - staying at the Disneyland Hotel) and Paris.

Woo hoo, looks like we are going to get free dining for half our stay at wdw. How has everyone else fared?:cool1::cool1::cool1:

You guys did well! We are going during one of the free dining black out times, and at POFQ, so even changing our hotel or splitting our stay I couldn't make FD work for us. I did contact my TA though and she was able to apply RO which saved us over $430 on the rate we were on (which is a savings of more than $550 on current 2013 rack rates - we booked before those price increases). I'm happy enough with that!

Just incase free dining dates *did* extend and by some miracle I was able to have them applied, I have a back up booking somewhere else at rack rate with dining. If nothing changes I will cancel it. If something does and I could swing it we'd move. It would be $800 more than what we currently have but as a family of four, capping 12 days food at $800 would be great. I'm planning to bring food in for our breakfasts and I have lots of ADRs at the moment so it would work nicely ;)

It's official! I'm going back to disneyland. Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just a little excited. We will be there from the 11th of November until the 25th of November.

Ohh that is so exciting! We will be there from the 26 to 28 after a trip to Tokyo Disney and Walt Disney world and Univeral Orlando! So we won't quite be there at the same time but almost ... We arrive the day u leave! Have a wonderful time at the happiest place on earth. :)

Wait, how is it that I've never noticed this thread before? Add me to the list, TDLR 19-22 November :-D

Sooo 'citing. I am really buzzing with Disneyfever at the moment. Helps that I've had a few great money saving deals in the past few weeks, and added another day to my WDW stay! :rotfl:

I was thinking of adding some tips if we have any to share to the first post (so they are easily found - or maybe I could hyperlink though that sounds awfully techo lol), I need to sit down and think but I remember getting some great ones from the last check in thread I was a part of (Sept 2011). Off the top of my head, things like - don't bother to carry water in the park, ask for iced water at any counter service place as it's free. With little kids and backpacks of stuff already, that was a small bit of info that was a great help back then! There were a few others that were brilliant that trip too.

So what are yours??

Thanks for adding me to the first post :-) but to clarify I'm going to Tokyo disneyland :-)

As for tips, the only time I've been to wdw was late June last year, so I may not be the best resource. But two things I did learn -

1. If it's raining, or even looking like rain, go to the park (with your disney poncho of course!). I got through pretty much all the rides at MK in half a day because it was so quiet. In June!

2. Don't expect to find anything close to a nutritious breakfast at the parks. Could be just that I was a newbie and didn't know where to go, but I was surprised by how little was open and how unappealing the offerings were in the morning. (Having said that, I loved the breakfast buffet at tusker house haha)

Oh and if you go to Philharmagic and it breaks down halfway through, and no one seems to do anything, don't try and take the initiative and go out through the entrance to tell someone in charge that there's a problem - you'll end up getting locked out with your gear and your friends still in the theater bahahaha

We managed to get 5 days of free dining which has saved us $900. The remaining 7 days were black out dates so no free dining. TA then advised we could upgrade to the Concierge Level with a room discount is would save us $300. Unfortunately when she went back the next morning all the discounts had gone.

Oh well we're still going to have a ball. You never know AP discounts come out 2 to 3 months in advance we may be luck and get one of those which is usually 30% for a deluxe resort.

As of now everything is fully booked with the exception of one ADR at Californian Grill which is still closed till next month for renovations so they are not taking any ADR's at the moment.

I also managed to book the private dining at Grand Floridian for our anniversary which will be a bit of a surprise for DW.

DD's are getting excited and are already bugging me on what movies are going to be on the plane. :banana::banana:

It's official! I'm going back to disneyland. Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just a little excited. We will be there from the 11th of November until the 25th of November.

:)

Sooo 'citing. I am really buzzing with Disneyfever at the moment. Helps that I've had a few great money saving deals in the past few weeks, and added another day to my WDW stay! :rotfl:

I was thinking of adding some tips if we have any to share to the first post (so they are easily found - or maybe I could hyperlink though that sounds awfully techo lol), I need to sit down and think but I remember getting some great ones from the last check in thread I was a part of (Sept 2011). Off the top of my head, things like - don't bother to carry water in the park, ask for iced water at any counter service place as it's free. With little kids and backpacks of stuff already, that was a small bit of info that was a great help back then! There were a few others that were brilliant that trip too.

So what are yours??

Brilliant idea. I like idea of adding it to the first post. Hyperlinks are too tricky ;)
I'll add some when I've managed to drag the kids off my laptop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter