• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anywhere to VIEW Wishes fireworks without "hearing" it

nascarelbert

Earning My Ears
Have a sensory kid who really doesn't like the sound of fireworks. Last trip, we stayed a reasonable distance off-site (Hilton Parc Soleil) and had distant view of both Wishes and Illuminations from our balcony, without the sounds of fireworks. Staying at the Swan in a few weeks, but wondering if there is anywhere we might get a decent view of the fireworks from MK with the "shelter" from the sound. To give you an idea of what I'm dealing with, the sounds heard at the Contemporary were too loud for her the night we were waiting for Vhef Mickey's while Wishes was underway...

Have a sensory kid who really doesn't like the sound of fireworks. Last trip, we stayed a reasonable distance off-site (Hilton Parc Soleil) and had distant view of both Wishes and Illuminations from our balcony, without the sounds of fireworks. Staying at the Swan in a few weeks, but wondering if there is anywhere we might get a decent view of the fireworks from MK with the "shelter" from the sound. To give you an idea of what I'm dealing with, the sounds heard at the Contemporary were too loud for her the night we were waiting for Vhef Mickey's while Wishes was underway...

You could view Wishes from 'Ohana at the Poly.
It would take a reservation at the proper time.

Virtually no "explosion" sounds.
But, the audio used in the actual show is piped into the restaurant.

Better if you get a table nest to a window, but
I've seen the show from other spots in the restaurant.

Although this is a pricey way to do it you can watch them from inside the California Grill if you're eating when they start. We always time dinner with Wishes there on every trip. They pipe in the music but not the bangs.

In 1998 we took our kids there when they were 4 and 7 and it worked out great. They had kids menu items, we had things for them to do, and the wait staff was superb in helping to keep them occupied.

What about at the ferry from the TTC and some headphones (if he will wear them). A little cheaper then paying to eat somewhere.

nascarelbert said:

Have you considered ear plugs or headphones? We used to have a pair of child-sized sound-blocking headphones for my DS when he was young. They were good enough that we took him to see the Blue Angels without incident.

Something like this.

http://www.amazon.com/Vic-Firth-Kidphones-Isolation-Headphones/dp/B000Z31GGE

You might consider watching it from the dock at the Polynesian.

The explosions are still pretty loud at the Poly Beach and TTC.
(The sound carries across the water.)

The explosions are much less noisy when viewed from the Ft. Wilderness dock,
as the Contemporary Resort and the old Discovery Island are between there and the pyro.

MK-Bay-Fwx_Views_093009.jpg

If Ohana's does not appeal to you, watch Wishes from inside the GCH. There are chairs and small tables on the second floor(close to the Ohana area) of the GCH that face Wishes. My daughter got a caricature picture drawn right by the window. I was able to have a Lapu Lapu drink from the lounge and watch Wishes with her the from comfy chairs.

My daughter has autism and had a similar issue with loud noises and fireworks. She wore earplugs, and we watched from the beach at the Poly. This was a great solution. As she has grown, she always carries her earplugs and uses them as she feels necessary. (I feel this has been very empowering for her).

Best of luck to you

When we stayed at BLT we watched the fireworks from a higher level elevator lobby area (second set of elevators, closest to MK). There was a bit of glare from the lighting on the glass but no sound. Close view with no sound. Only problem is that I'm not sure if you can get into the building. Perhaps walk from MK over to the Contemporary (10 minute walking path) and go in the front door of BLT. If I recall correctly, you had to have a BLT key to enter via the Contemporary/BLT walkway. No music.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter