Anywhere to get $ for ink cartridges?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by familyfirsttimer, May 23, 2007.

1. familyfirsttimer

familyfirsttimer Not my 1st time anymore! I'm hooked for life!!!!

I searched but did not see anything current about this topic. I have a Dell so I cannot return them to Staples and use towards a future order. I am finding out if my kids school recycles them. What do you do with your old cartridges. I hate to just return them to Dell if I could make a little $ somewhere.

Thanks for sharing your ideas.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dbgardener

dbgardener First timer

Try Empties4cash.com, they buy original ink cartridges.
    Deb

4. KKB

KKB DIS Veteran

You can get cartridges refilled for 30-40% less than just buying new ones.
    We have a Cartridge World that fills them for about $7 each. (compared to $11-15 each at Target, Office Max, whereever)
    It is a bit inconvenient...they are open like 10-6 M-Sat. But luckily it is right by Target...I just plan a trip on the way home or on a Sat. when we are running low.
    I don't know what the site pays...but I am guessing this is still a better deal.

5. Suzanna1973

Suzanna1973 I want to live at Disney World

A lot of schools recycle old ink cartridges and cell phones through fundingfactory.com. It's a great way to make money for your school. If your child's school doesn't have a program started yet, why not be the one to initiate! It's a great fundraiser!:banana:

6. eeyorethegreat

eeyorethegreat DIS Veteran

I sent about $30 worth of cartridges into get cash back (darn if I can remember the place but I found it online) and never got any money back for them. I had done this before through 123inkjets.com and got promptly paid but now they just do a drawing for free ink for a year. Some places you can turn them in to benefit a charity:thumbsup2

7. JoiseyMom

JoiseyMom <font color=orange>Have you had your SPANX today??

Staples gives $3.00 coupons for all Dell, HP and Lexmark cartridges. You can use the coupons towards any purchase, it doesn't have to be towards cartridges.

8. englishteacha

englishteacha <font color=magenta>I've just gotten crazier over

We turned ours in at the movie rental place for a free movie rental. Since a movie rental is close to 4 bucks around here (unless we go way far and gone to the $1 rental store), it works out to a pretty good deal.