• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyway to get a room at Spring break-its booked solid.

jade1

I spend half my money on WDW, and waste the rest.
Last minute business trip and wanted to stay a few extra days March 23-26 but not a room on site anywhere. I guess I can keep calling for cancelations. Any other ideas? Even DVC (I am a member) was booked-not surprised. Thanks.

Well have you tried all the resorts, even ones like All Star and Pop Century. If they are there are hotels VERY close to property and they may not be booked. That's all I can think of to do.

Have you tried the Swan or Dolphin? Just a suggestion in case you forgot about them.

I would suggest book something offsite, that you can cancel on short notice, as a backup. Then keep calling - I was told there are often cancellations at 6 days out because people want to avoid the penalty.

Good luck.

I could get a reservation to come up under the Disney website for the 24th-26th. Also one for one night on the 23rd. Maybe if you played around on the reservation web site you could work something out. You may have to change resorts. If your staying off site for the business trip, add another day there and then switch over.....just a suggestion.

"I could get a reservation to come up under the Disney website for the 24th-26th. Also one for one night on the 23rd. Maybe if you played around on the reservation web site you could work something out. You may have to change resorts. If your staying off site for the business trip, add another day there and then switch over.....just a suggestion."

Really.....I will try that. I only called 407 wdisney, asked about Swan & D and Allstars. But I will try the web and call for cancelations. Do you think its safe to just drive up the 23rd (its just myself) and if there is nothing just drive over to offsite hotels and get something last minute?

Good luck! I have been calling every other day to CRO for cancellations for 3/28 to 3/31 and no luck yet. Sigh... We did book a new hotel by Sea World for our stay and can cancel that up until 6pm the day of arrival if by chance we CAN get a room on property.

MCMom

I just canceled 2 rooms at POP for 1 night on march 24th...I say keep calling others might be just like me...

jade1 said:
"I could get a reservation to come up under the Disney website for the 24th-26th. Also one for one night on the 23rd. Maybe if you played around on the reservation web site you could work something out. You may have to change resorts. If your staying off site for the business trip, add another day there and then switch over.....just a suggestion."

Really.....I will try that. I only called 407 wdisney, asked about Swan & D and Allstars. But I will try the web and call for cancelations. Do you think its safe to just drive up the 23rd (its just myself) and if there is nothing just drive over to offsite hotels and get something last minute?

Jade I sent you a PM

Are you a AAA member? We just decided this week we wanted to go 3/30 - 4/5. We called CRO and told that all rooms were sold out. I tried a local AAA travel agent and was told the only thing they had available was Boardwalk for $3,700!! Yikes. I went on the AAA website and it showed $120.00 a night for my time at POP. I tried to book on the website but kept getting a booking error. I ended up calling AAA direct and they were able to book room only at POP for $92.00 per night.

Give them a call and perhaps they can help.

OH NO!!!!!!! Sold out! We do have resv. @ POR. This is our 1st time going at Spring Break I hope the crowds won't be too bad :sad2:
Oh well even if it is, it's still Disney World!!!

jade1 said:
Last minute business trip and wanted to stay a few extra days March 23-26 but not a room on site anywhere. I guess I can keep calling for cancelations. Any other ideas? Even DVC (I am a member) was booked-not surprised. Thanks.

I just called a few minutes ago. We're going on the 24th, but we were looking to go up a day earlier. The only thing open for the 23rd was an Executive Suite at CSR for $1100 just for wednesday night. :earseek:

Dolphin is available 23rd-26th for $239.00 per nite

Grosvenor available same dates for $139.00 per nite

Thanks for the help, I am AAA and will try that since I am seeing PC also at least for some nights.

Expedia showed availability for all nights at the Dolphin, Poly and several off-sites. Good luck!

Expedia sometimes lies... LOL
You get all the way to the end and instead of "confirming" the reservation you get a notice "Opps we can't do that!"

We experienced the same thing for a trip we took during MLK weekend in January. It was a last minute trip and we needed two rooms. I called CRO every day for a few days and got the same "nothing available" answer. Then I tried Expedia and a few other similar sites and they would initially say there were rooms available but once I got to the last step in trying to book the room I'd find out they really didn't have any rooms. I tried calling their 800 numbers too with the same result. I then turned it over to DU and let them do the calling. About a week before we were to leave some rooms opened up and DU snagged them for us. So -- keep trying! Also, as far as the crowd level being related to onsite hotel bookings, on MLK weekend the MK and MGM were mob scenes, but AK and EPCOT were great. So hopefully you have hopper passes and can leave one park for another if that's the case during Spring Break, although we've visited in March before and didn't find the parks too crowded.

I got a room today. Somehow the conference we are attending March 21-23 ended up cancelling one of my rooms I had booked for the company I worked for. They told me nothing was available. This was at the Coronado Springs. I then called the regular disney number to try and get a room. They also could not find me one. But I went online and booked a room. I got the Beach Club for March 21-23.

I did not care at that point where it was. I just needed a room.. I told the castmember.. find me a bed and a shower and I am a happy girl! :rotfl:

so I would say try the website that worked for me. And you better believe come Monday I will be confirming they have my room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter