• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anything special for Easter?

Disneyfanaddict

Earning My Ears
We will be on the Dream for Easter and was wondering if anything special happens or if I should be prepared to do something for my little ones?

Thanks!
Les

I've been on the fantasy, dream & magic for Easter. There are religious services offered, large chocolate egg candy displays, and that's the only time I've seen the white rabbit brought out for pictures. Other than that, it's pretty low key. We've had the bunny bring goodies to the stateroom, which is tricky, and he's even left things at home at our front door the week before because he "knew" he couldn't hop to us in the ocean.

I boarded on Easter Sunday a couple of years ago. They handed us a small bag of really bad candy when we got on the ship and they had some chocolate egg displays in Cabanas and the atrium, but that was all I saw. I think they also had services before the muster drill. You can pre order Easter treats for your cabin from the DCL site, but it's not much and expensive.

We are also going to be on the Dream for Easter and were wondering this too! I bought some tiny bags of choc bunnies and small bags of Disney themed jelly beans from the pharmacy last week.
Well put these out and maybe buy a small something on ship.
I gave to my mom to hide for us. She is in a different stateroom for the cruise!

image.jpg I was on the Dream last year for Easter and as the previous posters stated, it was pretty low key. They did have a basket of candy out at Guest Services and the chocolate Easter display was nice. My husband and I attended a nice mass in the Walt Disney Theatre which was pretty crowded. image.jpg

We'll be on the same Easter Dream cruise with a group of ten. Since we don't yet know our dining rotation, I'm assuming that there are fish entrees at each of the MDRs on Friday? Also, on a different thread, a poster said there was an interdenominational Mass for Easter. Again, assuming there would be a interdenominational Easter service and a Catholic Mass? Everyone has been so helpful and informative, thank you in advance!

We'll be on the same Easter Dream cruise with a group of ten. Since we don't yet know our dining rotation, I'm assuming that there are fish entrees at each of the MDRs on Friday? Also, on a different thread, a poster said there was an interdenominational Mass for Easter. Again, assuming there would be a interdenominational Easter service and a Catholic Mass? Everyone has been so helpful and informative, thank you in advance!
There's actually a fish selection every night.

Thanks for all the wonderful replies. I think I'll leave the baskets here at home for them and take a little treat for the ship. I don't want to have to pack more than I have to. This is our first cruise and our first trip to Disney World so I'm sure we'll be coming home with more than we're taking. I'm so excited and look forward to meeting other Disney Addicts!!

several years ago on Easter (we were in Grand Cayman) this is what DCL had for decorations along with the religious services ...
P1050857.JPG P1050859.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter