Anything special at CBR in Oct?

crusoe2

DIS Veteran
We decided on CBR for our trip the week of Oct 11-17 (got to go back and check out the new pool:thumbsup2 ). Anyway, when I called and made our reservation this morning they only had waterview rooms available - no standard view at all. We're cool with paying a little more for the waterview but I'm wondering if there is something going on that week. It just seems a little unusual for the resort to be that booked up this far ahead (and this is well after free dining ends so I don't think that's it). Could it be there are that many people staying there for the new pool? Anyone know of anything else that might be going on? I don't think we would change our ressies over it but it would be good to know if there's going to be a big group there that week. TIA:)

Food and wine will be going on. If you paid for waterview I would see if you can change it to preferred. You will be closer to the main pool and food court. Water view is sort of a waste. It's hard to see the water from the room and a water view can be quite creative. You may be overlooking a quiet pool.

Yeah, I had forgotten about food and wine fest. There just seemed to be more room types available at other resorts so I thought maybe there was something going on at CBR - a large group or something. I don't think they had a preferred room left but I may keep calling to see if one becomes available since I know we will want to be close to the pool. We had a waterview last year and got really lucky with our room assignment. We were in Martineque just past the preferred bldgs and had a beautiful view of the lake straight out our door. It was worth the extra money just to be greeted with that view everytime we stepped out of the room. But we were able to get there pretty early on arrival day and figured that had a lot to do with getting such a good room - I'd never be lucky enough to get that kind of view AND a great location again the very next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter