• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anything new for kids at OKW?

wdw4us2

<font color=blue>Not only a DIS Vet, but a 33 year
We're going to spend a week at OKW starting on June 13th.

We haven't been there since last Summer, and we didn't spend much time at the resort.

This year, we plan on spending a bit more time at OKW and avoid the heat of the parks. Our DS, age 9 and DD, age 12 are getting a bit old for the activities at the Community Center and we were wondering if any of you have any interesting things that your kids like to do while at OKW.

We're open to all suggestions!:teeth:

Here are a few suggestions, nothing New since last summer. The pool slide will be ready in the new year.

Bike Rentals at Hank's Rent 'N Return Rent a bike for a leisurely ride.

Electric Eel Game Room and Flying Fisherman - Play a variety of video and pinball games at these electronic arcades for kids of all ages located in the Recreation Area and at Turtle Shack.

Watercraft Rentals at Hank's Rent 'N Return

Spend some time on Trumbo Canal with a pontoon Boat, canopy boat, sailboat, pedal boat, canoe or Mercury Water Mouse".

Volleyball Court - Grab a pal for a friendly match.

Tennis - Hit the hard court for a set or two. Racquet and balls are available for rent.

Basketball Court Shoot some baskets or play a pickup game.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

We are thinking of bringing bikes with us (we're only two hours away). Are there special trails, or do you just follow the sidewalks around the resort?

The age on water sprite rentals has changed to 16 years old. I know on the latest Vacation Magic says 12 years and at least 5 feet tall, but the rules have changed on the rentals. You can still rent them with an adult in with them and let them drive.

I was just there, and I was rather disappointed in the activity offerings (maybe it was because it was MH week, so they figured everyone would be busy enough). No Goofy Bingo that week-I really looked forward to that! And no landscaping tour like they used to have at OKW. Has that been discontinued, or is it just temporarily suspended?

I, too, am interested in where to bike, and if some of those special activities (like bingo) are still going on. We are going the 3rd week in June.

Also - for bike rentals - are there bikes with child seats on the back?

to Bwv or SSR.Enjoy the slides.
Go to the games rooms of the value resorts, they have much better games rooms,or the games room at the Contempory.

Not right at OKW, but what about a game of mini-golf. DVC members get a discount.

Or head on over to Disney Quest. Kids love it there.

How about heading over to Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club and buying a kitchen sink for the family?

There is also horseback riding over at Fort Wilderness.

I really looked forward to that! And no landscaping tour like they used to have at OKW. Has that been discontinued, or is it just temporarily suspended?
I know it's still listed on the Member's site as is the Goofy bingo ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter