• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anything I NEED to buy at DTD scrap store?

scrappinmom

WDW, DL & DLP - up next ???
We're leaving in 5 days :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: Of course I plan on spending my portion of the budget on scrap stuff...is there anything I NEED to buy at WDW that I can't get anywhere else?

I would like to know this, too. We are leaving in 2 days!!!! :banana: :banana:

Mickey Mouse head eyelets-I like them better than the Mickey head balloons you can order elsewhere, and they're cheaper. Also, I like the "packs" that they put together. They are $15 for a 12x12 set that includes paper, stickers, diecuts...I got the wedding/honeymoon theme one this time and I used another one before. Cute! If you like special scissors, they have ones that cut mickey heads for a border. I got a castle punch and my grandparents brought me some of the tape with various characters on one of their trips.

It depends on what you will use!

WDWAurora said:
It depends on what you will use!

LOL I dunno about you but my scrap purchases don't always reflect what I use...it's more like what I "gotta have" :rotfl: :rotfl:

The mm head eyelets sound fun! & I'd love a castle punch...I have the mm head punch...probably not the scissors. Thanks for the tips!

HCOE paper pack, Castle charms, Mickey eyelets, 4 parks sticker pack, any other paper packs that suit your needs. I skip the scrapbooks (have a leftover fro 2004 that I've decided I'll never use) and spend more on embellishments/papers.

Mickey head eyelets and the punches of the characters like Stitch and Tink that they only have there :) :)

They have a Tink punch?!?!? I hadn't heard that! Oh why did I open this thread?? :confused3

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I was just there last week and here's what I bought:

-a set of 20 gold castle snaps (kinda like eyelets or brads)... they are sooo cute! ($2.50 per pack)
-gold castle charms (attach with brads, eyelets, ribbon, etc.) that say "Disney Theme Parks" at the bottom ($2.50 per pack)
-a box of vintage-looking Disney stickers (many look like the old movie posters of Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Dumbo, etc) ($6.00 per pack)
- metal clips shaped like Mickey heads (can't remember the price!)

Other stuff I thought was cute:
-punches, which included the castle, Tink, Stitch, Pooh, and Tigger
-little tiny Tink stickers (really cute and over 100 in the pack!)
-a beautiful scrapbook... the front cover is made of wood and it has the logos of all four parks on the front (and at only $32.00, it was the same price as the regular vinyl scrapbooks they sell)
-scrapbooking packs (inlcuding paper, frames, stickers, etc.) featuring different themes like wedding, Halloween, Christmas, rides, etc.

Hope this helps!

Awwwww Where did you see the tink punch?!?!? I was there last weekend also with my dad. All I bought was the classic movie stickers, mm paper clips and the scissors.

I saw the Tink punch at the scrapbook store at DTD and The World of Disney at DTD. I am not a real "punch" person so I didn't look at them closely, but I think the price was around $12(?). :confused3

ilovedale3 said:
I saw the Tink punch at the scrapbook store at DTD and The World of Disney at DTD. I am not a real "punch" person so I didn't look at them closely, but I think the price was around $12(?). :confused3
Thanks! I'm going to set aside some punch-money for our trip next month. ;)

DiznEeyore said:
Thanks! I'm going to set aside some punch-money for our trip next month. ;)

You're welcome. I also went to the Character Corner outlet store in Orlando (it is in the outlet center on SR 535 that includes VF Outlet, Old Navy Outlet, etc.) and they had several Mickey punches. I got the Mickey Whale of a Punch, the medium Mickey punch, a little tiny Mickey punch from All Night Media, and a cute Mickey outline punch (he looks like he's walking!). The Whale of a Punch was $8.00, the medium was $6 (I think) and the others were about $4. They also had some other scrapping stuff, but it wasn't really "outlet" priced.

Thanks everyone ! I think I have a pretty well prepared list! Gotta get the eyelets, paper packs. 4 parks pack. castle punch..& a few other goodies I'm sure! I better call the LSS & reserve my post trip crop time now!!!

How much were the parks paper packs and the scissors? I leave Monday and I have $40 set aside for scrapbook supplies from Disney...may need to increase that because when I see it all...I will want it all ::yes::

Scissors were 6 I think, but I got mine a few years ago. The small paper packs that have 10 or so sheets plus stickers and diecuts were 15, can't remember on the larger packs of just paper.

bamamom said:
How much were the parks paper packs and the scissors? I leave Monday and I have $40 set aside for scrapbook supplies from Disney...may need to increase that because when I see it all...I will want it all ::yes::

Oh gosh...just increase it now!!!! :rotfl: I put aside $100 for the scrap store & anything left over will be a bonus ! I just can't go over!

bamamom...where are you guys stayin? I see we're gonna be at the world at the same time!

Oh my gosh, I'm gonna be in soooo much trouble on this trip! :rolleyes1 Hmmm, I suppose I could send DH and the kids for a sundae at Ghirardelli while I shop. :rolleyes: You know, kinda like Vegas- what happens at the sb store, stays at the sb store. :ssst: I could just have it shipped home... :rotfl:

ilovedale3 said:
You're welcome. I also went to the Character Corner outlet store in Orlando (it is in the outlet center on SR 535 that includes VF Outlet, Old Navy Outlet, etc.) and they had several Mickey punches. I got the Mickey Whale of a Punch, the medium Mickey punch, a little tiny Mickey punch from All Night Media, and a cute Mickey outline punch (he looks like he's walking!). The Whale of a Punch was $8.00, the medium was $6 (I think) and the others were about $4. They also had some other scrapping stuff, but it wasn't really "outlet" priced.
Is this the Premier outlets near hilton Grand Vacation Club and outbacks???? I think Premier was on I Drive?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter