Anything going on in Oct?

talie95

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone. We are planning a trip to DL Oct. 7-10 (sun-wed) Anyone know if there's anything going on that we should be aware of? We went around the same time last year and there was gay days but it was the weekend after we went so we weren't affected and had a nice light crowd stay. I noticed in looking for rooms that a few hotels don't have rooms available during those days(on getawaytoday.com) so I was just wondering if there are any events going on that week. Thanks for your help!!!

Gay Days is the 5th-7th. Columbus Day is also the 8th. There is some debate as to how this will affect the crowds. I do know that many Arizona schools have fall break the week of the 8th. I am sure that Tues and Wed you will be fine, with a little heavier crowds on the 7th and 8th.

Thanks! Gay days shouldn't really affect us too much b/c we aren't getting there till later in the afternoon on Sun. We'll probably spend most of our time in DTD and then go to DL for fireworks/parade. I know there are a few places that have fall break during that time (my daughter does) but last year was the same thing and crowds weren't bad at all.

Disney's HalloweenTime will also be going on - last year that increased the crowds a LOT in October, especially on the weekends. And Columbus Day is always crowded anyways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter