anything else must do in downtown disney?

Danny K

DIS Veteran
I already have planned the following things in downtown disney. Do you have anything else you think is a must do in DTD?

Dinner at Rainforest Cafe
Dessert at Ghirardelli's Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop
Characters In Flight Balloon Ride

I think thats all that is a must do. I know about cirque du soleil, but it seems that the show doesn't sound interesting, and our family gets board and cannot sit and watch for 90 minutes. DO you still recommend it? If there is anything else please let me know, and also if you have good tips of what I have already, please tell me anything good you know about the stuff I have?

I wouldn't miss La Nouba. We saw it for the first time last year and will certainly work it into our plans again next visit. We thought it was very entertaining!!

Hmm, my DTD disney must do is nothing like your list! Shows that everyone likes different things!

For me:

World of Disney Store
Earl of Sandwich
Boat ride across the lake

I already have planned the following things in downtown disney. Do you have anything else you think is a must do in DTD?

I think thats all that is a must do. I know about cirque du soleil, but it seems that the show doesn't sound interesting, and our family gets board and cannot sit and watch for 90 minutes. DO you still recommend it? If there is anything else please let me know, and also if you have good tips of what I have already, please tell me anything good you know about the stuff I have?

There's a lot! Make a treat at goofy's, design a tee shop, check out dino restaurant and make a dino in gift shop, play in legoland, movies and dining, bowling, disney quest, outdoor music and restaurant live music shopping(world of disney,once upon a toy and some of the best upscale disney shops) Just to name a few more.

Not sure if you have young kids or not- but my kids LOVED Build your own dino...
It was a high light for them. :)

I loved Wolf Gang Puck's Express! Yum.

I actually really enjoyed La Nuba. I didn't think I would but my sister got me tickets for my birthday one year when I was visiting her in Daytona and we had a blast. My daughter was 3 months at the time and did wonderfully, there were so many things to look at and it's non-stop action.

I think dinner at T-Rex is much more exciting. If you have little ones Build-A-Dino is awesome. Also, the Lego store is fun for the kids as there are Lego activities outside. You could catch a Disney movie if one is opening. Leave some time to shop.

I can't skip the Christmas store, ever. The glass blowing store is awesome too, although I don't see demonstrations happening there nearly as often as I do at the Magic Kingdom location...

Well we already have build a bear in our home town and do it a lot, so I didn't think build a Dino would be very important. Also T-Rex may sound exciting, but the menu doesn't appeal to us at all. Hmm I wonder about Cirque du Soleil. I think its very overpriced, I said before that my family probably wouldn't enjoy it and get board tired with a 90 min show, but someone said that they still enjoyed it unexpectedly, Hmmm, any other opinions?

go to splitsville.

I think you're wise to avoid T-Rex. We were really looking forward to it, because my kids LOVED the Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom. We are not opposed to some noise -- I prefer it really (three boys, 6 9 and 10). But man oh man TRex is noisy and crowded and cold (well, we were in the ice room, but still it was seriously freezing). Slow service (we still tipped well because I felt sorry for anyone who had to work in that noise for hours), disappointing food. As soon as the food arrived, my kids shoveled in what they felt they would have to eat to be excused, and then asked if they could wait outside until we were finished, because it was too noisy for them. Did I mention they are 6, 9 and 10 year old boys? Prior to T-Rex, I did not know there was such a thing as "too noisy" for them.

Goofy's Candy Company is fun. The toy store is always a hit.

I'm curious too about the La Nouba comments -- I've also wondered if this is something my kids would enjoy.

Danny K said:
Well we already have build a bear in our home town and do it a lot, so I didn't think build a Dino would be very important. Also T-Rex may sound exciting, but the menu doesn't appeal to us at all. Hmm I wonder about Cirque du Soleil. I think its very overpriced, I said before that my family probably wouldn't enjoy it and get board tired with a 90 min show, but someone said that they still enjoyed it unexpectedly, Hmmm, any other opinions?

You said you lived in Egypt, yet there are no build a bear locations there. Something does not seem to be adding up...confused

You said you lived in Egypt, yet there are no build a bear locations there. Something does not seem to be adding up...confused

There are many companies that do the same thing but are not part of the "Build a Bear" company.

Well its called build a bear, but maybe its not the same company as it is in the US. It is the same idea.

Our must do's are the Disney Store, the Christmas store, and we're really, REALLY fond of Raglan Road. It's boisterous -- maybe even noisy -- but the entertainment is great if you're there in the evening. And you won't be disappointed in the food, either!

We're too cheap to risk the money for Cirque du Soleil, and I honestly find it boring, but a lot of people seem to absolutely adore them. Pricey, but you might give it a thought.

Just wander around. You'll be surprised at all the stuff going on out in the street. Well, unless it's raining, of course. We killed one whole evening and part of an afternoon that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter