Anything comprable to a Dole Whip?

I could. I did some research into the recipe, and it seems, its an apple juice base with marshmallow syrup topped with a passion fruit whip cream.

Strange combo - individually I wouldn't get those flavors but if it makes it taste like caramel we will give it a try based on your review. Thanks.

I found this...but not sure if it exactly what your are looking for:

http://redsdairyfreeze.com/dole.htm

I would think the "just" pineapple dole whip is pretty low in calories - should just be frozen fruit juice.

Once you add the ice cream...watch out. But still 180 calories for 1 cup of vanilla soft serve and frozen pineapple isn't that bad.

Just found another site that said 160 calories for 1 cup!

In June we went to the Mad T Party in DCA on the soft opening weekend. They had yummy slush's there with super cute containers. They also had alcoholic versions :)

I myself am deathly allergic to Pineapples, so Dole Whips have always been out of the question for me.

However, my sister was really looking forward to trying a Dole Whip, as she loves Pineapples. However! Poor sister has recently developed (like, just this summer) an allergy to Pineapple's as well! It's no where near as bad as my allergy, but still, she's bummed because she's not going to risk it on our vacation.

So I guess, is there anything in the parks that is like a dole whip, but not made of pineapples? :hyper:
Not in the parks, but if you are making your way up to Hollywood, there is House of Dole Whip, which has other flavors in addition to the Pineapple. The flavors vary by the day, but might at least be an option. Strickland's (sp?) Ice Cream in Irvine, I think it is that also sells Dole Whip, but not always other flavors.

It's funny to me that they sell an alcohol-free mint julep since a real mint julep is just bourbon with some water, sugar and mint.

Dole Whip is soft serve pineapple ice cream.

Dole Whip float is Dole Whip served with pineapple juice to make a float.

Best way to save some calories...SHARE!! Always my go-to when I want a treat. This way you get the treat, save the calories and there's no waste.

Oh, that might promote a problem because my husband HATES:crazy2: anything pineapple and it's just him and I going and since you can't order different sizes I'll probably really be aware of what I put in my mouth that day and maybe get in some extra activity. I tried a mickey beignet last time I was there and it was icky!:crazy2: It's like a glorified donut in my opinion. I'm hoping this won't be a disapointment, but i've never not liked a flavor of ice cream, so I'm not worried to much.

I would say over in DCA hit up the new Ghirardelli Oh my, they have great stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Not in the parks, but in Downtown Disney, Jamba Juice might be able to customize a smoothie for you. The employees at Jamba are super friendly and helpful. If you want a frozen fruit treat, just ask about substituting another fruit for pineapple (there are several menu choices) and maybe adding an extra scoop of frozen yogurt for that Dole Whip dairy taste. Can't hurt to give it a try, and let us know if you do find something that works for you and your sister. :)

And the new frozen drinks in Cars Land at the Cozy Cones are fun. Each cone has a different drink, so you can have fun trying the different options. As far as I know, none of the Cars Land drinks has pineapple as an ingredient.

Oh, that might promote a problem because my husband HATES:crazy2: anything pineapple and it's just him and I going and since you can't order different sizes I'll probably really be aware of what I put in my mouth that day and maybe get in some extra activity. I tried a mickey beignet last time I was there and it was icky!:crazy2: It's like a glorified donut in my opinion. I'm hoping this won't be a disapointment, but i've never not liked a flavor of ice cream, so I'm not worried to much.
For those that are wondering about the nutritional information for Dole Whips, they are actually very light on calories.

This is what is in 1/2 cup, which depending on who you get is probably about the size you get:
Calories 80
Sodium 15 mg
Total Fat 0 g
Potassium 0 mg
Saturated 0 g
Total Carbs 18 g
Polyunsaturated 0 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Monounsaturated 0 g
Sugars 17 g
Trans 0 g
Protein 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Vitamin A 0%
Calcium 0%
Vitamin C 2%
Iron 0%

Even if it's a full cup, the numbers are not bad.

Please note that while the current formula is considered "dairy free", it does contain milk solids (I believe that's the term they used); however, they have been occasionally testing a new formula that doesn't and it has bee getting rave reviews, so if this is an issue for you, just ask which one they are using that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter