Anything comprable to a Dole Whip?

Rainforest_Elf

No Worries
I myself am deathly allergic to Pineapples, so Dole Whips have always been out of the question for me.

However, my sister was really looking forward to trying a Dole Whip, as she loves Pineapples. However! Poor sister has recently developed (like, just this summer) an allergy to Pineapple's as well! It's no where near as bad as my allergy, but still, she's bummed because she's not going to risk it on our vacation.

So I guess, is there anything in the parks that is like a dole whip, but not made of pineapples? :hyper:

What a bummer!! Unfortunately Dole Whips are pretty unique, so I can't think of anything comparable. There is a fruit smoothie place in California Adventure. It's really not the same at all, but it is a frozen fruit treat lol. Sorry!

Yeah as far as 'close' to dole whips that's probably the closest you'll get.

But there are always super awesome things to find..I bet you won't miss them...too much ;)

I read your subject title and my mind went to a naughty place. :rotfl2: You know the saying this is better then....s_ _.....well you can fill in the dashes! :rolleyes1

I have an allergy to melons and bananas :banana: ..so no fruit salad or watermelon at those summer picnics for me. So it is always a treat for me to get a dole whip.

Not that it is at Disneyland, but Magic Kingdom Park sells the frozen orange juice!

If you are looking for something unique, I think a mint julep from the Mint Julep Bar (and inside the French Market) is considered special like the Dole Whip?

I had a mint julep on my recent trip to DL and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

If you are looking for something unique, I think a mint julep from the Mint Julep Bar (and inside the French Market) is considered special like the Dole Whip?

I had a mint julep on my recent trip to DL and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Oh man, that might just be amazing. Does it have alcohol? Dear Sister likes to get her drink on. LOL.

Oh man, that might just be amazing. Does it have alcohol? Dear Sister likes to get her drink on. LOL.

No the Mint Julep has no alcohol. It's only served at the DL park and there is no alcohol at DL park (other than super exclusive Club 33 which requires membership). DCA park has alcoholic beverages. So does DTD.

The Mint Julep is served at the Blue Bayou, the French Market (I think they still have it there) and at the walk up Mint Julep Bar which is behind/beside the French Market on the RR side. It's sort of like a limeade rather than a lemonade. We REALLY like them.

Dole Whip is soft serve pineapple ice cream.

Dole Whip float is Dole Whip served with pineapple juice to make a float.

My new favorite cold refreshment is Red's Apple Freeze at The Cozy Cone. I'm also a big fan of the Mint Julep.

Dole Whip is soft serve pineapple ice cream.

Dole Whip float is Dole Whip served with pineapple juice to make a float.

Which is better? the float or the soft serve ice cream? Does anyone know how many calories are in the float and ice cream? I'm on weight watchers and have already lost 37lbs and I'm trying to not blow all my hard work, but I also want to have a treat.

Rhonna said:
What is the Red Apple Freeze? A slurpee type or what?

It's kinda like an apple juice slushee with a froth on top. Reminds me of a caramel apple in liquid form.

Do they still have the soft serve place at DCA that adds a flavored swirl to your ice cream?

I like the Dole Whip on its own, and I like the pineapple juice on its own, but I think most people prefer the floats (I love those, too).

disneyfreako said:
Which is better? the float or the soft serve ice cream? Does anyone know how many calories are in the float and ice cream? I'm on weight watchers and have already lost 37lbs and I'm trying to not blow all my hard work, but I also want to have a treat.

Best way to save some calories...SHARE!! Always my go-to when I want a treat. This way you get the treat, save the calories and there's no waste.

rosie2283 said:
Best way to save some calories...SHARE!! Always my go-to when I want a treat. This way you get the treat, save the calories and there's no waste.

Yep! We always share. The dole whips are really sweet so we split one between the 3 of us. And this leaves room for other goodies!

I'd rather have a little of everything vs one treat anyday!!

Rhonna said:
You can taste the caramel too? That would make me want to get it.

I could. I did some research into the recipe, and it seems, its an apple juice base with marshmallow syrup topped with a passion fruit whip cream.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter