Anyone's TA automatically book the 4/3 offer?

kathyfranklin

Mouseketeer
I am curious about those holding reservations with a TA.

Did your TA automatically book the 4/3 offer for you? Some TAs say they are always looking for the best deal on your behalf, and just wondering...did that actually happen? Did your TA automatically get you the 4/3 offer? If so, please recommend your great TA.

My TA and I discussed what to do with codes prior to them coming out. She then sat on the phone for over 2 1/2 hours on hold with Disney for me when it came out. We came up with back up plans in case we had to switch resorts (thankfully we didn't have to). She is tremendous and has made our first time planning a WDW vacation a magical experience. :wizard: If you want her contact info, pm me! She is with MEI travel (aka mousefantravel) and there are no added fees for their services. I really don't know what I would have done without her!

My TA would have placed a hold for me for the 4/3 and e-mailed me as I did not have a package, but a room only. However, she didn't try since Disney listed blackout dates. I tried and they didn't apply. When I let her know, she immediately got on, was able to book it and again, held it for me until I verified the switch. (Very simple and quick process.) She was very surprised and she is a SWT agent. Seems kind of foolish that WDW lists blackouts and then doesn't hold to them. Not complaining about getting the discount at all! Just realizing that many people never even tried to input the dates to see. Even my terrific TA! But thanks WDW for this great deal :thumbsup2

My travel agent knew about the discounts and had already been on the phone with Disney before I was able to call her. She was on the phone for 2 hours. I couldn't thank her enough. We saved about $800 plus got the gift card.

We are not going in that time frame but my sister is and we use the same TA. I had not been on the boards for a while and wasn't keeping an eye out since we are going in December and already have a discount so I hadn't seen anything about it until after it was realeased. My sister doesn't DIS and didn't know anything about it until she got an email from our TA telling her the price of her package had gone down by about $1400 plus a $200 gift card! She thought it was a typing error and that it should have been $140 and a gift card so she was beyond thrilled to hear $1600 total in savings!

My TA sent me an urgent email letting me know. She then spent hours on the line making the changes for us and, presumably, her other customers. She was VERY helpful.

I spoke to my TA about going during the blackout dates the morning the package announcement was being released. I tried later on to book the same dates but it was telling me the resort was sold out. I received an email from my TA later on that night telling me she got exactly what I was looking for and she placed a hold on it for me....and the blackout dates went through! I went through Kingdom Magic.

I got an email alerting me of the deal if I wanted to switch from room only to package. This is my first time working with a TA so that pleased me. I'm guessing she applied the discount to reservations that already had a package before she get in touch with her room only clients. I got a quote on the 4/3 package, but am still waiting on a quote for a room only portion since we're doing a split stay. I've been refreshing my screen all day anxious for the reply, but I know they've all got to be super busy right now.

My TA at AAA didn't know anything about it coming out but I alerted her that morning and the min it came out I got on the phone with her and she RUSHED to make the call and change my ressie. She told me that she lost commission on mine (she said it nicely) but she made up for it by changing/upgrading her other Disney package clients.

YES! It was amazing! I woke on Fri and checked my email and My wonderful TA at Magical Journeys had already rebooked my package at the new rate and saved us nearly 700 dollars. I didnt even know about the offer!!

I then emailed her asking if we could possibly get the same rate at the WL since it would be more affordable now and within an hour, she had us rebooked there. Awesome!!!

My TA emailed me asking if I wanted to make the switch, as 1) I was booked with a room only and 2) I am an AP holder. However, we wanted to add dining anyway and were waiting for AP rates to come out for May, so this worked out for us in the end.

Mine did not, but my current booking is 11 nights, and there is a maximum of 10 nights on the promotion. I checked the rates between the two, and I actually did a little better with the AP discount anyway.

I did, however, book it myself for a stay in April. As a PP said, the blackout dates seem to not apply, as I was able to check in 4/15 for 10 days, even though it said it was blacked out until the 19th. I was very happy because I was really having trouble justifying the peak rates for the first few nights of the trip, and this promotion saved me a lot.:cool1:

My Magical Journeys agent did! I had the email by 5:30 that day and had no idea a special was even being released.

I'm waiting to hear from AAA today so that I can book my package. Has anyone had any experience with AAA?

For the last two years I have just booked online directly with Disney and did my car rental and airfare. Now that Airtran is online with Disney and has a DIRECT flight I want to move fast!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter