Anyone Zumba?

UGAFan0829

DIS Veteran
Just wondering how many people here do Zumba. My gym offers it and I've been wanting to go for so long, but I'm so afraid of going alone--it's just intimidating to me. That, and I don't know any of the moves!! But, I've told myself that I'm going to force myself to go to at least one class so I can see what it's like!

Just wondering how many people here do Zumba. My gym offers it and I've been wanting to go for so long, but I'm so afraid of going alone--it's just intimidating to me. That, and I don't know any of the moves!! But, I've told myself that I'm going to force myself to go to at least one class so I can see what it's like!

I love Zumba! I love Latin music and dancing so it was a perfect match for me. I would give it more than one try as the first 1-2 classes will leave you feeling a bit overwhelmed. There is a lot going on and if you're completely new to it, you're just trying to keep up. I almost gave it up the first 3 times I tried it (and I love to dance Salsa and merengue) but I kept going and eventually picked it up. The first time is the hardest. As my favorite instructor says, "if you're moving and having a good time, you're doing it right." Or another favorite line, "there aren't any mistakes in Zumba, just unexpected solos." Go in with a fun attitude and you'll have fun.

I love Zumba! I love Latin music and dancing so it was a perfect match for me. I would give it more than one try as the first 1-2 classes will leave you feeling a bit overwhelmed. There is a lot going on and if you're completely new to it, you're just trying to keep up. I almost gave it up the first 3 times I tried it (and I love to dance Salsa and merengue) but I kept going and eventually picked it up. The first time is the hardest. As my favorite instructor says, "if you're moving and having a good time, you're doing it right." Or another favorite line, "there aren't any mistakes in Zumba, just unexpected solos." Go in with a fun attitude and you'll have fun.

I was intimidated at first, too, but my instructor said the same thing -- just keep moving! Plus, most participants are so focused on the instructor that no one really sees or cares if you're not doing it exactly right.
I am addicted to zumba, now. The hardest part for me is going back after a few weeks off. It takes a while for my body to get back in shape.
Give it a try! :)

I started in November. LOVE it. I still get lost,, but I've managed not to crash into anyone else when i turn the wrong way so it's all good :cool1:

I love Zumba. I started a few months back. I do 3-5 classes a week and even an aqua Zumba class. It's great!!!

I've been in many classes and never felt intimidated. It's kinda like when you trip you look to see who saw you. If I mid-step I look to see who saw my oops. And of course no one did because they were busy trying to keep up too.

I think my class really helps motivate me. It's a lot of sexy moves. In my mind I'm bringing sexy back, in the mirror... Not so much so. Lol

Have fun and go for it.
Karen

I love Zumba. I started it last August. I think it is hard at first. My body does not move like others. It took me awhile but I am alot better then I was. My friends kept telling me to stick with it. So don't give up. If I had not had the support, I would have quit.

One more thing I love, our gym turns the lights off. They had some Christmas like lights around the mirrors, and a couple of lights in the corner to give a glow. It is so nice to not have anyone see you moving. None of the other gyms do this and I think that is why our Zumba classes are so booked! You have to try it. I find it a fun way to get in some cardio. It has helped me be more loose and I feel more sexy too!

I have been doing Zumba for over 3 years now ::yes:: LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! Best workout ever!!

I agree with what others have said, give it some time, at first you will feel like you are sticking out like a sore thumb, but eventually it becomes second nature and you just go with it!!

Just the other week, my instructor put on my very first Zumba song (yes, I am that kind of dork that I remember the very first song I did Zumba to), and I was reminded of how afraid I had been that first class, but I kept coming back, and now I stand in the front of the class and just have fun!

If you go to a class and you aren't feeling it, try another instructor, each instructor has their own vibe and energy. I know for me, I will only stick with my instructor, I have tried other Zumba instructors and I can't stand them!!! So I stick with my guy and all is good!

Give it a try and just have fun!! Zumba is a party!! My one friend describes it as a joyful workout :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter