Anyone without GTY been upgraded for free lately?

slg

DIS Veteran
We have been on 6 cruises and been upgraded once on our third cruise in 2008.Smart move on DCL's part as once we saw what a porthole was like we wanted one and booked one since.

However, this 7th cruise we just booked two insides as we have a big expensive time in NY beforehand and need to save up for 10 days in NY. Hoping against hope that we'll have a free upgrade, but I haven't heard of any lately. Seems like the only upgrades are with GTY. Just wondering what's been happening lately.

what do you consider lately?? we were upgraded in april. it was on the fantasy. i believed lots of people were but it could o had to do with availability.

I was also upgraded in April on the Fantasy. I had a forward viewing porthole stateroom and got changed to a verandah stateroom with a partial obstruction.

I was also upgraded in April on the Fantasy. I had a forward viewing porthole stateroom and got changed to a verandah stateroom with a partial obstruction.

not to hijack this thread but i'd be interested to know what deck you were originally booked on. i have a theory.........lol.

I am also hoping to hear replies on this topic. we will be on the magic in august out of new york and would love an upgrade! We have never been upgraded. I am curious as to how many people have been upgraded on the cruises out of NY who already had a cabin assigned. We're not counting on it or expecting one but would definitely not turn it down.

Hoping for a little pixie dust for an upgrade on the magic from NY to the bahamas. We have two rooms so I know its a long shot. It did happen once, so it could happen again. Can only hope!

When did you find out about your upgrade? When we got ours, it was the night before. They tracked out down at the Disneyland Hotel and called us. Our luggage tags were wrong, so there was a bit of confusion with luggage going the wrong place, and some of our FE gifts went to the wrong rooms, but I was so happy with the upgrade.

You listening DCL? Would love a little pixie dust again!

I love these threads! No upgrades, but we have a sideways cabin on our 11/4 MR and connecting cabins on our 2/1 WC, so IF we got an upgrade, that would be neat, and if not I love the rooms we have

We haven't gotten our room assignment yet for our 7/14 cruise, but my mom who didn't do GTY got upgraded from an oceanview to a verandah for the same cruise. She's not complaining. :banana:

what do you consider lately?? we were upgraded in april. it was on the fantasy. i believed lots of people were but it could o had to do with availability.

:goodvibes We were on the same cruise in April, and had reserved room 7000 (porthole). We were upgraded to 7020 (obstructed veranda). I think our sailing was less full and a lot of us were given complimentary upgrades :love:

We got a free pixie dust upgrade from DCL for our Fantasy cruise last week. We originally booked an 11A on deck 9 (day 1 booking in Oct 2010), and were upgraded about 10 days before sail date. They moved us all the way up to a 5B verandah on deck 8. Though we missed experiencing the virtual porthole, it was a great upgrade!!

I know the ship wasn't full as there were lots of IGT/OGT/VGT opportunities as well as the DVC offer in the weeks before sail date. A little more than 3500 guests sailed in the end.

Honestly, the magic porthole is disappointing and doesn't compare to the real thing in any way. So happy for you.

Looks like the Fantasy upgrades a lot. We have a NYE on the Fantasy but is practically sold out so its unlikely we'll upgraded for the cruise.

Just hoping for our 8 day NY cruise.

We haven't gotten our room assignment yet for our 7/14 cruise, but my mom who didn't do GTY got upgraded from an oceanview to a verandah for the same cruise. She's not complaining. :banana:

what room did she originally have? which ship?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter