• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone watching The Killing on AMC?

Singleminnie

DIS Veteran
I got hooked on the Walking Dead on AMC and saw several previews for The Killing. I even put it on my phone calendar to start watching it. The series began last Sunday night, I had to work, so I dvr'd it and watched it today. I really enjoyed it. I don't really know any of the cast, but I think I am hooked. Did anyone else catch it? What did you think?:happytv:

We also got pulled in by the commercials... Very well done weren't they.

We DVRed it too but ended up watching it very late Sunday night and loved it. Very interesting dynamic between the two detectives. Very different styles of doing things but they seem to feed off each other. It will be interesting to see how they develop the fact that she is putting her life on hold for this case. Will be happy to pow wow with others about this series as it develops!

They are very different, I wasn't sure where the male detective (can't remember his name) was going when he was talking to those two girls coming off the field while smoking a joint, guess that's his background and how he gets his information. Can't wait for Sunday, but I have to work again so it will have to wait till I get a chance to watch it.:thumbsup2

We're watching it, and we like it so far. It reminds us of "Twin Peaks" without the quirkiness, and of "Harper's Island" without the killing-a-week and tongue-in-cheek gruesomeness. In fact, I can't believe the particular review I read didn't at least allude to "Twin Peaks". The story and setting are so similar (teenage girl found murdered, the foggy Northwest, high school kids and local leaders up to no good, the trouble-maker boyfriend, etc).

I hope it stays compelling and entertaining, and doesn't go the way of the other AMC show "Rubicon". I gave up on that show, which my husband and I refer to as "The show that seems like it would be interesting but that nothing ever happens on."

I watched it and so far, like it. The only thing but even though it is set in Seattle, it didn't totally have a "Seattle" vibe to it. Yes, it had some Seattle shots, but something tells me, nothing is filmed on location in Washington State. Still interesting to watch.

Edit to add: Ok, looked into this and yes, it is filmed in Vancouver. Thought so, it didn't feel like Seattle.

YES! This show is great (based on the first episode). I like the dreary rainy atmosphere. I also totally noticed a "Twin Peaks" feel. I believe this show will stay the course and not take a turn towards the completely stupid and ridiculous like Twin Peaks did.

Just finished watching the premiere again while the new one tapes on the DVR (can't stand sitting through the commercials. I am headed into episode 2 now. Let me kow when you all see it I will be eager to discuss it!

I am still enjoying this show, along with a coworker. However, we have a question? In the first episode, the female detective (sorry I can't remember her name) was running and it looked like she came upon a dead body on a beach area? Does anyone know what that was all about? We are confused! :confused3

I am loving The Killing. It's based on a Danish tv series and I heard they were trying to preserve the atmosphere of the original series in this remake. This may be why it doesn't have the Seattle vibe. I think Mirielle Enos who plays Det. Sarah Lind is mesmerizing.

I stumbled onto the series by accident, actually. We were on vacation in FL and I was having trouble sleeping so flicked on the tube and AMC was broadcasting the "encore" presentation in the middle of the night. I was HOOKED!

I really like this show!

I am still enjoying this show, along with a coworker. However, we have a question? In the first episode, the female detective (sorry I can't remember her name) was running and it looked like she came upon a dead body on a beach area? Does anyone know what that was all about? We are confused! :confused3

I *think* the thing on the beach was a dead seal.

Anyone still watching? I'm so addicted. It's hard to wait Sunday-Sunday. I don't have any suspects yet, but since last night's episode, I have ruled out one person.
I LOVE this show.

****No Spoilers!*****

This show has me hooked. I'm wondering if it will be like The Fugitive and go on for years concentrating on this one crime. Next week, I think is the last episode of the season and it doesn't seem that they find the murderer.
Did you all realize that Mirielle Enos played the parts of Kathy and Jodeen Marquart on Big Love? My husband is the one who pointed this out to me.

This show has me hooked. I'm wondering if it will be like The Fugitive and go on for years concentrating on this one crime. Next week, I think is the last episode of the season and it doesn't seem that they find the murderer.
Did you all realize that Mirielle Enos played the parts of Kathy and Jodeen Marquart on Big Love? My husband is the one who pointed this out to me.

Thank you for that! I knew I knew her from somewhere!

I am really enjoying the show, I love smart well done TV shows.

I think it has 13 episodes, but I can't remember where I got that number. I don't think they are anywhere close to revealing the killer. So I'll be mad if next week is the last.

I saw somewhere online where Mirielle was just cast as someone's wife. I can't remember who, but I'm thinking Brad Pitt. It was someone big like that.

We are totally obsessed with this show (along with the Walking Dead, cannot wait for it to come back!!). We're 2 ep's behind though because of a crazy couple of weeks, so we can't wait to see what's going on!!! So many twists and turns! Love it!

Wondering what people thought of the finale. I kind of wanted some answers. I guess they want viewers to come back for another season...whenever that is.

I had been growing frustrated each week with this show but stuck it out because I still sort of liked it and wanted to see where it was going. The finale was garbage. The detective work on this show had always been super shoddy but last night took the cake. The evidence from the park and the car should have been done like 2 weeks ago. After 2 weeks of constant hard rain :-)rotfl:) I'm surprised there was anything left to find at the park anyway.

I don't understand how Mrs. Ahmed and Stan Larsen didn't know of each other and how Stan Larsen is allowed anywhere near his victim. I don't understand how this episode could just pick up where it did after how the previous one ended. And those are just the problems in this one episode.

Pretty sure that finale was the dagger in this series' back though. No one cares who killed Rosie Larsen anymore. The writers are getting smeared by every critic and fan on the internet. It was already renewed but no one will be watching.

After being led-on about the killer for 13 weeks, I was really let down that they "conveniently" continued it to season 2. Probably done watching.

Ticked off! They could have finished this case and had another murder 5 minutes before the show ended to hook us for next season. I don't know if any of you remember a show from the 60s called The Fugitive. It ran for 4 years before the plot was resolved. Back then there were 3 or 4 tv channels. With the variety today, I don't know if people will stick around for even a second season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter