Anyone watch football at POR?

Harvest02

DIS Veteran
OK....I just was reading some facts about POR, where we are staying in October. They said they have drink specials, games and trivia during Monday night football games. We arrive in Orlando at 5:30 pm on Airtran, then will go to POR to check in(via Magical Express). Just for the heck of it, I decided to check to see who plays that night for NFL football! My beloved Indianapolis Colts!!!:woohoo: :woohoo: We were just going to hang out at the resort anyway, so guess where I will want to be????:confused3 Has anyone ever been at POR during a game? Do many people watch or not? Do the bartenders really have ref uniforms on?

OK....I just was reading some facts about POR, where we are staying in October. They said they have drink specials, games and trivia during Monday night football games. We arrive in Orlando at 5:30 pm on Airtran, then will go to POR to check in(via Magical Express). Just for the heck of it, I decided to check to see who plays that night for NFL football! My beloved Indianapolis Colts!!!:woohoo: :woohoo: We were just going to hang out at the resort anyway, so guess where I will want to be????:confused3 Has anyone ever been at POR during a game? Do many people watch or not? Do the bartenders really have ref uniforms on?
We were at POFQ last year and watched the BIG UF vs Tenn game in their lounge and it was a BLAST. There were lot's of people all decked out and being rowdy! It looked to us like some of them were locals who were there to just watch the game. Enjoy!!! I guess I did not really answer your question...sorry! The lounge at POR is really nice so I can only imagine it would be as fun there as it was at FQ.

I don't know about the bartenders wearing ref uniforms, but they do have a big screen tv in the River Roost lounge.
I've caught some Red Sox / Yankees games on there.
You also have the option of the ESPN Sports Bar at Disney's Wide World of Sports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter