anyone want to help us decide on ADRs?

LisaTN

DIS Veteran
Me 36, Mom 63, and Sister 38 with my DD4 and nephew, 2yo; staying at POP- these are just ideas, I'm open to completely new ideas!!

Monday: RD at HS, hop to AK until close and hop back to HS - thinking about ADR at Sci Fi? Never had any sit downs at HS, so open to suggestions. Don't want to spend 2 credits on Brown and Derby, although I'm sure it's nice.

Tuesday: Epcot - have to do Akershus for DD4, although dying to try Via Napoli - thinking of paying OOP for Via Napoli lunch??

Wednesday: MK - really trying for BOG for dinner, if can't get BOG I'd love a suggestion other than CP; we could even do a resort dinner on our way back to resort.

Thursday: MK and MNSSHP; so **IF** we do sit down it will be for lunch or a really early 4pm dinner. Want to be in line for 7 dwarves by 5:30pm

Friday: would like to have a character breakfast before heading home. It will be my nephew's first trip to Disney. We have done 1900 Park Fair and Chef Mickey for breakfast and have LOVED them.. thinking about Chef Mickey again, but open to trying a new place... would love another character breakfast suggestion (we love mickey waffles and breakfast pizza)

Thamks!!!!!!

Best reservation for our trip last year was our 8 a.m. at CP. Loved the characters, loved the service, LOVED getting in to MK before opening.

Me 36, Mom 63, and Sister 38 with my DD4 and nephew, 2yo; staying at POP- these are just ideas, I'm open to completely new ideas!!

Monday: RD at HS, hop to AK until close and hop back to HS - thinking about ADR at Sci Fi? Never had any sit downs at HS, so open to suggestions. Don't want to spend 2 credits on Brown and Derby, although I'm sure it's nice.
Sci fi is fun. The food is fine, not too exciting. The atmosphere is neat as well as sitting in the car to eat

Tuesday: Epcot - have to do Akershus for DD4, although dying to try Via Napoli - thinking of paying OOP for Via Napoli lunch?? I've not eaten at either but we're trying via Napoli this coming trip. It looks reasonable to pay oop

Wednesday: MK - really trying for BOG for dinner, if can't get BOG I'd love a suggestion other than CP; we could even do a resort dinner on our way back to resort.We enjoyed LTT, but like it better for lunch. It could be a good Thursday option. We adore kona at Poly and have had mixed results at O'hana. We are going to try The Plaza this coming trip.

Thursday: MK and MNSSHP; so **IF** we do sit down it will be for lunch or a really early 4pm dinner. Want to be in line for 7 dwarves by 5:30pm

Friday: would like to have a character breakfast before heading home. It will be my nephew's first trip to Disney. We have done 1900 Park Fair and Chef Mickey for breakfast and have LOVED them.. thinking about Chef Mickey again, but open to trying a new place... would love another character breakfast suggestion (we love mickey waffles and breakfast pizza) O'hana breakfast is great. Another fun option is Cape May Cafe at BC

Thamks!!!!!!
Enjoy your planning. I hope you get BOG!

We LOVED Sci-Fi on our last trip. I had added it at the last minute and we enjoyed it so much that we went again for lunch later that week. It is a nice, quiet break after being in the crowds all day.

Thanks guys!!! 2yo nephew loves cars so I thought it would be fun. Never tried LTT AO we might have to try it out for lunch Thursday!!!

Love the Kona and Cape May idea... I'd love to try something new... I'll check their menus for Mickey waffles and breakfast pizza ;).

Feckless said:
Best reservation for our trip last year was our 8 a.m. at CP. Loved the characters, loved the service, LOVED getting in to MK before opening.

With MNSSHP the night before I'm worried about getting up early enough on Wednesday for ore-RD breakfast.... But on any other trip it's on my wish list!!!

7 Dwarfs?? Are you going in 2014?? I've been reading it is not supposed to open until 2014, could possibly open earlier which would be the end of this year but not so sure Oct. was considered??

7 Dwarfs?? Are you going in 2014?? I've been reading it is not supposed to open until 2014, could possibly open earlier which would be the end of this year but not so sure Oct. was considered??

I believe the OP is referring to the 7 dwarfs meet and greet at MNSSHP. It's the only time you can get a pic with all the dwarfs together and their line forms quickly.

Everyone is so different...but at our last stay (15 days) the only table service that we disliked (greatly) was Sci-Fi - we did not care for the meal and the movies that they were showing freaked out our son (he was 4 at the time).

On this day, I would either have a late lunch/early dinner at Yak & Yeti at AK (before you hop back to HS) or dinner at Sci-Fi. I think you'll enjoy Sci-Fi - the food is okay, but the atmosphere is really cool!

Tuesday: Epcot - have to do Akershus for DD4, although dying to try Via Napoli - thinking of paying OOP for Via Napoli lunch??

Is Akershus breakfast? Then you could pay OOP for Via Napoli for dinner...

Wednesday: MK - really trying for BOG for dinner, if can't get BOG I'd love a suggestion other than CP; we could even do a resort dinner on our way back to resort.

If you can't get the BoG ADR & want to try something other than CP, my kids really enjoy Tony's - the food is hit or miss for us, but we love the Lady & Tramp theme.

Also, you could take the resort boat to the WL for Whispering Canyon Café - fun, family restaurant - the kids get to have pony races! Or monorail to the Poly for 'Ohana - the kids get to have coconut races!

We love lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern!! The Ooey Gooey Toffee cake is one of my very favorite desserts at WDW.

Or, if you wanted, you could just do counter-service this day - maybe lunch at BoG & dinner some place like Columbia Harbor House or Cosmic Ray's & save the table service credit for your Via Napoli dinner!

Friday: would like to have a character breakfast before heading home. It will be my nephew's first trip to Disney. We have done 1900 Park Fair and Chef Mickey for breakfast and have LOVED them.. thinking about Chef Mickey again, but open to trying a new place... would love another character breakfast suggestion (we love mickey waffles and breakfast pizza)

Since it's your nephew's first trip, I'd definitely do breakfast at Chef Mickey's! It's the only character meal where you'll find all of the Fab 5 Characters - Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, & Donald. And, plus, the atmosphere, w/ the monorail running through, is really neat & fun for kids! And you've got your Mickey waffles! Chef Mickey's is a perfect ending to your WDW vacation!

Thamks!!!!!!

So...

Monday - either late lunch/early dinner at Yak & Yeti or dinner at Sci-Fi
Tuesday - breakfast at Akershus & dinner at Via Napoli
Wednesday - dinner at Whispering Canyon Café or 'Ohana
Thursday - <no adrs> counter-service lunch at Be our Guest
Friday - breakfast at Chef Mickey's

Edited to add: Just read that your nephew likes cars, so I'd definitely have dinner at Sci-Fi - I think he'd love the novelty of eating in a car!

I believe the OP is referring to the 7 dwarfs meet and greet at MNSSHP. It's the only time you can get a pic with all the dwarfs together and their line forms quickly.

OH! I thought she meant the ride...;)

Do the kids watch Disney Jr? My kids absolutely love the breakfast at Hollywood and Vine and it's the only place they insist on going back to every trip. They get a ton of character interaction there with favorites like Jake, Handy Manny, & Oso. We've always gotten to meet each character twice plus they sing and dance with them by the buffet. Much more interaction than Chef Mickeys.

Monday: RD at HS, hop to AK until close and hop back to HS - thinking about ADR at Sci Fi? Never had any sit downs at HS, so open to suggestions.

I have a couple of comments.

1. Too much jumping around on Monday. I would either stay at HS for the day or not bother to go back to HS for dinner. The food there isn't good enough to travel back.

2. I would suggest Kona at the Poly if you can't get BOG.

Wendy31 said:
So...

Monday - either late lunch/early dinner at Yak & Yeti or dinner at Sci-Fi
Tuesday - breakfast at Akershus & dinner at Via Napoli
Wednesday - dinner at Whispering Canyon Café or 'Ohana
Thursday - <no adrs> counter-service lunch at Be our Guest
Friday - breakfast at Chef Mickey's

Edited to add: Just read that your nephew likes cars, so I'd definitely have dinner at Sci-Fi - I think he'd love the novelty of eating in a car!

Wow!!! Awesome suggestions!! Love the idea of trying whispering Canyon or Ohana. And I think I agree about Chef Mickeys ;)

B-Ride said:
I have a couple of comments.

1. Too much jumping around on Monday. I would either stay at HS for the day or not bother to go back to HS for dinner. The food there isn't good enough to travel back.

2. I would suggest Kona at the Poly if you can't get BOG.

I completely get your point about Monday. I've been torn about Monday, but we want two full days at MK so we have to split it we want both HS and AK. We want to get back to HS for both fantasmic and dinner. Plus I'd love to do characterpalooza if we can get back in time.

For the ADR at DHS I'd suggest 50's Prime Time or Sci Fi, both pretty good food and nice themes to them!

Akershus is great, I do prefer dinner, but it's still an awesome meal.

Definitely stop at BOG for lunch if you don't get the dinner adr, it's more than worth it!

I suggest Ohana for the last day breakfast, a little different as it's served "family style" but awesome food and characters and mickey waffles!

I completely get your point about Monday. I've been torn about Monday, but we want two full days at MK so we have to split it we want both HS and AK. We want to get back to HS for both fantasmic and dinner. Plus I'd love to do characterpalooza if we can get back in time.

So why not start that day at Animal Kingdom instead and enjoy breakfast at Tusker House! YUM! and great characters. When you're done there head to Hollywood Studio for the later afternoon, dinner and Fantasmic. Then it's less jumping and travel time.

bentopher said:
So why not start that day at Animal Kingdom instead and enjoy breakfast at Tusker House! YUM! and great characters. When you're done there head to Hollywood Studio for the later afternoon, dinner and Fantasmic. Then it's less jumping and travel time.

I would prefer this but I'm worried about TSMM... Id hate to miss this ride but worried about having to wait 60 minutes.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter