Anyone using a Lowepro Flipside backpack?

HPS3

Disney Fanatic
I'm looking for another backpack for my gear. I currently have a Slingshot 102 to carry my D5100, 18-55, 35 f1.8, Opteka 6.5mm fisheye, SB600(in the upper pouch), and accessories(filters,charger,cable release). I will use this bag to haul this stuff around the park, but now I have the Sigma 70-200 and need a backpack to accommodate the long lens. Best Buy has the Flipside 200 for $53 and the 300 for $64. Which bag would be better, the 200 or 300? I might even pick up a Tokina 11-16 if I can talk the DW into believing its a necessity for our March trip.

Can you get to a Best Buy that has them both in stock? I am still using the Slingshot (I bought it for our last Disney trip, but it's served me great for all my photography needs since), but bags are such a personal thing, I find it a big advantage to be able to see the bag in person before I buy, even if I end up ordering it online. If you've already got a convenient small bag, you might want to get the bigger bag to account for future lens purchases.

I'm looking for another backpack for my gear. I currently have a Slingshot 102 to carry my D5100, 18-55, 35 f1.8, Opteka 6.5mm fisheye, SB600(in the upper pouch), and accessories(filters,charger,cable release). I will use this bag to haul this stuff around the park, but now I have the Sigma 70-200 and need a backpack to accommodate the long lens. Best Buy has the Flipside 200 for $53 and the 300 for $64. Which bag would be better, the 200 or 300? I might even pick up a Tokina 11-16 if I can talk the DW into believing its a necessity for our March trip.

first off, i LOVE the flipside. it makes me feel that my belongings are really secure and it's super easy for me to flip the bag around to change my lenses. for me to 200 is a perfect size. i only have a few lenses (4 right now: 18-105, 70-300, 8mm fisheye, and 50mm) and i can squish them all in there with no problems. when i'm carrying the camera out of the bag, it's even easier to store them and be able to change lenses quickly. it's also a good weight. i have back issues, so bags that are supportive and lighter weight make me happy. :) if you have more gear than 4 lenses and some accessories, i would suggest going with the 300. it's also helpful if you're planning on buying more lenses (or other gear) in the future. i might even size up at some point if i end up getting a few more lenses/flash.

hope this helps.

Neither of these bags are carried in the BB stores around me. Right now I have been carrying the 70-200 in the Sigma case that the lens came with. I really need another bag for when I want to haul all my gear in one bag.

Thankyou Iggbees, I think I will place the order for the 300. If it doesn't work out I can always return it I guess.

When in doubt buy them both, return the one that doesnt fit your needs. Box stores generally have fantastic return policies. But remember its hot in Florida. Heavy things weigh and wear you down faster! If its heavy you will sweat more, especially where the straps are and it will look funny when you take your gear off. Lol, I know this sounds funny, but wear clothes that don't show the sweatmarks when you take your pack off lol!

Thanks for the tips. We use a stroller, so when just walking around the bag stays in the basket and I carry the camera on a BR strap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter