Anyone used Kohl's 30% or Kohls cash for gift cards?

egesicki

Mouseketeer
Has anyone bought Disney gift cards at Kohls when they have 30% (or 20% or 15%) off with their Kohls charge? Or used Kohls cash? TIA!

You cannot use Kohl's cash to purchase gift cards. I do not know about the % off coupons but I would imagine you can't do that either.

I hit Kohls this week twice, once with 30% off, another with 20% off. Not sure this would ever help because you have to use your Kohls credit account to get the discount and while it was OK for me getting a few clothing items (got an $84 swimsuit for $43), I'm not sure I want THAT much debt on a kohls card. And I can't use my Disney Rewards card. I can't imagine Kohls offering anything that could compare to the benefits of my DVR card and the interest would probably be ridiculous (they usually are on store cards), vs my six months no interest. I hate using my kohls account and it has to offer lots of savings right there for me to consider doing so... That's my take...

I use my Kohl's card only when I am buying things there with an extra percentage off. The 15%, 20%, or 30% additional savings is much better than 1% back on my other cards. However, I prefer not to use store cards (Kohl's, Target, etc.) as it makes for more bills to be paid.

I hit Kohls this week twice, once with 30% off, another with 20% off. Not sure this would ever help because you have to use your Kohls credit account to get the discount and while it was OK for me getting a few clothing items (got an $84 swimsuit for $43), I'm not sure I want THAT much debt on a kohls card. And I can't use my Disney Rewards card. I can't imagine Kohls offering anything that could compare to the benefits of my DVR card and the interest would probably be ridiculous (they usually are on store cards), vs my six months no interest. I hate using my kohls account and it has to offer lots of savings right there for me to consider doing so... That's my take...

i think, and i could be wrong, that the opp just meant to purchase gift cards like we do with target, then pay it right off and not hold a balance.
again, i could be wrong but i think thats what they meant.
i make a payment when i do my purchase at target an get 5% off at the cash so it is well worth it. you could do that at kohl's as well for any purchase.

i think, and i could be wrong, that the opp just meant to purchase gift cards like we do with target, then pay it right off and not hold a balance.
again, i could be wrong but i think thats what they meant.
i make a payment when i do my purchase at target an get 5% off at the cash so it is well worth it. you could do that at kohl's as well for any purchase.

Enough to buy a cruise is a lot to put on a Kohls account...

Enough to buy a cruise is a lot to put on a Kohls account...

your right but if your getting a discount and your making a payment right away why wouldn't you?
when i use target i purchase $1000 at a time and make the payment the same day. the cost to me is $950 for the $1000. if i do that four times i save $200 (spending money, wooohoooo) and have my cruise paid for.
its a great plan and if you could do it at khols (which apparently you can't) then why not?? guess i will have to stick with target. :flower3:

your right but if your getting a discount and your making a payment right away why wouldn't you?
when i use target i purchase $1000 at a time and make the payment the same day. the cost to me is $950 for the $1000. if i do that four times i save $200 (spending money, wooohoooo) and have my cruise paid for.
its a great plan and if you could do it at khols (which apparently you can't) then why not?? guess i will have to stick with target. :flower3:

I use credit cards for everything and pay them off when they are due. I guess some people can't trust themselves with credit. I really like having my Disney Visa for cruise deposits. It gives me 6 months to "think about it". I just put deposit on February 2015 cruise. I'm kind of undecided, but I didn't want to loose the good price. I have 6 months to decide before I actually have to pay the deposit or cancel.

I use credit cards for everything and pay them off when they are due. I guess some people can't trust themselves with credit. I really like having my Disney Visa for cruise deposits. It gives me 6 months to "think about it". I just put deposit on February 2015 cruise. I'm kind of undecided, but I didn't want to loose the good price. I have 6 months to decide before I actually have to pay the deposit or cancel.

for us its the fact we are from canada. i wish we could get disney visa here but unless we have a u.s. address its not possible.

also, its so much easier to pay when we use the card and not wait for the bill to come in because it takes so long for our mail to get where its supposed to go especially if its crossing the border. i can trust myself with credit however i do get very nervous not knowing if the payment will get there late or not so taking cash is no biggy. its not like i'm making scades of interest on the money by leaving it in the bank. lol. BUT i am making good money on it by buying the gift cards. now getting to the u.s. target is another story…...;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter