Anyone use VRBO.com or Villa Direct?

stitchfriend

Mouseketeer
Looking into renting a Condo in Florida near Disney? PLease, tell me about your experiences. Is one better than the other?

Thanks

stitchfriend said:
Looking into renting a Condo in Florida near Disney? PLease, tell me about your experiences. Is one better than the other?

Thanks
I use vacation rental by owner all the time, I have rented home 7 times in the last 5 years. We usually use them when we are in Florida when going on a big family vacation 8 plus. What I like about it is that its very affordable way cheaper then a hotel and much more room. It's nice when everyone can have there own room and bathroom and a private pool in most cases help. Now if your going just to go to Disney and are going into Disney everyday and don't want to rent a car then maybe renting points is a cheaper alternative then just paying rack rates at a Disney resort. But I have hear many wonderful things about Windsor hills there about a mile away from Disney parks but again you need a car to get there we actually are staying the in may and also going exclusively to Disney. If you plan to explore other places in Florida I would say rent a house it's worth every penny.

FYI if you think the pictures are a little dated the furniture is probably dated. Make sure and pick the style of house which you like ie granite counter tops modern furniture another great site is homeaway.com. I love these sites because its owners renting there summer homes you can always ask for a deal they have a set price. But always there is some leeway

I have booked a Windsor Hills condo through vrbo.com and was very satisfied.

I have also booked condos/ townhomes through bookit.com, condodirect.com and hotwire.com. All of those experiences did not disappoint. We've stayed at Regal Palms, Westgate Lakes, Vistana, SunLake, Mystic Dunes and Star Island. If you have any questions about any of those properties, please don't hesitate to ask and I'll do my best to give you the deets.

Lots of people here on the boards seem to particularly enjoy Bonnet Creek and Windsor Hills.

Happy planning! :thumbsup2

I know that VRBO offers insurance against fraud. When I discovered before her stay that my sister-in-law got ripped off in a scam for a rental in the Keys, she bought the insurance and she got all her money back. I'm not sure if Villa Direct does this.

Make sure to do some research and at least verify that the person renting the condo to you actually owns it.

I have used vrbo many times and never been burnt. Just make sure and do your research. If you are wanting a nice condo near disney for reasonable I would check out windsor hills rent dot com or vacation central florida. We rented through vacation central and didn't have any troubles at all! Good Luck :).

I have never gotten burnt from points rental or vacation homes thank goodness, but i put everything on a credit card that i know if something goes wrong i wont have to pay a single cent, my credit card company protects me against fraud. Also i look at the reviews the more review the more people have stayed and not gotten burnt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter