Anyone use the BBQ's at their resort.

Portugal1000

DIS Veteran
We always see people using the outdoor BBQ's at Bonnet Creek but have never done this ourselves. We will be there for 3 weeks from Friday and determined to spend a little more time at the pool so thought we might try this a few times.
Just wondered if anyone had any recommendations where to buy good meat from. We are from the UK and over here we would just go to the butchers but I have never even noticed the meat counter in the supermarkets in Orlando before. No idea how expensive it is.
Would love some recommendations.
Thanks

We are from the UK and over here we would just go to the butchers but I have never even noticed the meat counter in the supermarkets in Orlando before. No idea how expensive it is.
Would love some recommendations.

You'll find everything in the US will seem like a bargain compared to your prices at home. The larger groceries, such as Publix, will have nice meats.

I didn't use the grills there and don't recall. Are they gas? If they are charcoal, it's probably not worth buying the charcoal and starter to use them.

Sheila

Try Whole Foods for meats. They have a great display and there is usually a butcher onsite if you have a question. We grill quite often at BC. Grills are great. Propane not charcoal!

As far as pricing- I doubt pricing of meat is that much different in FL than where we live (New York)....yesterday I just bought 2 strip steaks from our local grocery store for $13 total. Hamburger meat in our area is 4.99/lb for 85/15 meat. These are NOT sale prices. You might find better deals than this.
Chicken will be much cheaper also- bone in will be cheapest but even boneless can be had for 3.99/lb (not on sale)

we grilled fantastic ribeyes there that we purchase from publix...highly recommend!

We like to grill when we stay at condos - a lot! It's a nice quick way to make dinner (or lunch). We do hamburgers, hot dogs, bratwurst, and fish of all sorts. One thing I bring (or buy) is nonstick spray (or use paper towels and vegetable oil) to put on the grill before turning it on - to make sure the food won't stick. I also bring Spike (it's a season salt) to season the meats, or I bring marinade mixes. I also like my own tongs from home, so bring those, plus plastic storage containers and large ziploc bags for marinating the meat.

Where we stay, they provide you with sanitized utensils that you can go pick up, so I'd check on that before you start.

We grill all the time. We haqve timeshares at Marriott Grande Vista. We shop at Publix ar Vineland and International Drive. They have a very good selection of meat and a butcher on site.

Whenever I've had a rental home with a grill we've used it. We'll usually plan one or two non-park days and just spend the day doing a little shopping at the outlet malls, then swing by a supermarket to pick up some meat to throw on the grill while we go swimming :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter