Anyone use Sunshades for ECVs?

RubySue

Mouseketeer
I see that several WDW area ECV rental companies are offering a sunshade for the ECVs (Buena Vista, for example).

Does anyone have experience with the sunshades? I assume you would have to remove it before going into queues?

Besides the shade they provide, I was wondering if these would help the "invisibility" issue of ECVs? I know that visibility tricks like flags on poles or balloons are a hazard. What about the sunshades? :moped:

We rent sunshades in the brutal months. However, our usual company has stopped offering them. We had a hard time finding another one that met our needs that offered them. We have decided to switch companies anyway and are going with Yellow Scooter who does offer them.

The only time we have ever been asked to remove sunshades is when we sit in front of shows and the like (for example, in the Festival of the Lion King old building, we had to remove, probably still do for the new building but haven't been yet to see).

Canopy scooters are very nice to have in the summer months, gets brutally hot and the shade provides some level of comfort. Being from Atlanta I'm somewhat acclimated to the humidity but always use canopy options from Walker Mobility. Well worth a few dollars more. And ALWAYS have water with you can get dehydrated very quickly in summer months.

rj

Canopy scooters are very nice to have in the summer months, gets brutally hot and the shade provides some level of comfort. Being from Atlanta I'm somewhat acclimated to the humidity but always use canopy options from Walker Mobility. Well worth a few dollars more. And ALWAYS have water with you can get dehydrated very quickly in summer months.

rj
Just returned from week visit and agree with rj, canopy worth the dollars as the heat was unbearable for me (from New York) also agree that having water (not beer, soft drinks etc.) is a priority, saw several suffering from heat exhaustion.
I also rent from Walker as some other scooters I saw from vendors seem shabby and dated, have never had problems with Walker scooters and great service.
Returning to WDW and Universal in December, everyone have a great, safe time.

I'm definitely going to add the sunshade on to my rental res. I'm sun sensitive and can't take the sun, even when the weather isn't hot.

Thanks for the info, everyone. :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter