Anyone use RCI???

323sarg

Mouseketeer
I was thinking about taking the family to the Caribean next year. I was looking at the RCI planning link and was not that impressed with the available resorts.

Has anyone had any experiences with RCI and planning outside of Disney?

We booked a trip to Cabo thru RCI using our DVC points. The process was easy. Trip is in 6 months. :woohoo:

We have HGVC and they gave us bonus RCI points. RCI bites the big one. All the caribbean/bahamas resorts we looked at were full, far from anything we wanted, dirty or not family friendly (trip advisor was a big help).

Luckily Disney hotels were offered and we can use up these points.

We used to own RCI many moons ago. We hated H-A-T-E-D it. I know that is pretty strong, but the places all seemed to be sub-standard, dirty, and there was never any availability for the dates that we needed. I am thinking that this new arrangement with RCI and DVC is really benefiting the RCI folks, because they will get to experience luxury. I am curious as to how many DVC owners will use RCI versus how many RCI owners will want to use DVC... and what percentage of rooms are removed from inventory for this? Agh...so many questions...

I was thinking about taking the family to the Caribean next year. I was looking at the RCI planning link and was not that impressed with the available resorts.

Has anyone had any experiences with RCI and planning outside of Disney?
RCI is weak in the Caribbean. If you take out all the DR resorts and all AI resorts (which I would), you're left with a handful of good to very good resorts. Windjammer St. Lucia, Playa Linda/Cost Linda/Casa Del Mar on Aruba, a couple on St. Martin, one in Jamaica, Morrits Grande on Cayman, several Trade Winds club options and SMV on PR. Much less than II and lower resorts than II. Still, some of these are nice options if you can get them. Of course the Jamaica option is adults only. I also didn't include Barbado where there are several good options.

We have Morritt's Grande booked for 2011 in the Caymans and cant wait to go.:goodvibes

Since RCI is the only option to trade with DVC I would use them but research each potential place that you want to go to to see if it fits your needs.

Also book your trip as far in advance that you can and also have a wide range of places and times that you can vacattion and this will increase your chances of a better exchange.

good luck:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter