• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone use Priceline for Airline tickets?

JoeCathyAngelina

Lord be willing all goes well, see you next year.
With DirectAir going belly-up a week ago, we're scrambling to find a decent price Airline ticket for April School vacation week 4/14-4/21 here in the northeast, Boston to MCO.:laundy:
I'm thinking of putting in a bid with Priceline but have never used them before. :surfweb:
I set up a bid sheet for the 3 of us, round trip Air plus a full size rental comes to $900 for the week which is o.k. with me. :teacher:
I'm wondering what to expect for flight times and price possibilities after I put in my credit card info and click the "buy my tickets now" button. :confused3
Can I refuse the package if the flight times are outragous or am I stuck with the deal? :confused:
Good luck all,
Joe

You really need to be more familiar with Priceline and how it works before committing to these tickets. There are some good websites explaining this; you can find them using Google. Once you accept, that's it.

I would not buy airline tickets through Priceline in a million years for many reasons; no control over flights, no frequent flyer miles, tickets are non-refundable, nightmare if you have a flight problem, etc.

I would NEVER buy airline tickets on Priceline or Hotwire in blind bidding. First, you're rarely going to save any money over webfares, second you can guarantee they are going to be the worst flights available and you have zero control over which ones they give you.

If you use Kayak.com with your departure, arrival city and dates you plan on traveling, the prices you see are pretty much what you'll pay, and the cheapest flights are going to be the ones you'll end up with as well.

Priceline and Hotwire are great for Hotels and Car Rentals, but for airfare, no.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter