Anyone use points for Holland/Alaska cruise?

Vagabond

DVC member since 1994 at OKW
We just booked a curise with our points for a cruise to Alaska with Holland America. Has anyone taken a trip through them? Have any suggestions? We are doing the Glacier Bay Discovery 7 day Northbound cruise July 17-24 and then plan to stay for 2 days in Anchorage. Will leave from Vancouver and spend an extra day before the trip there. Thanks :wave:

Sounds like a great cruise! Would love to do it one day myself..

One of my sons is dying to do the Alaska cruise. We would need two cabins so we would have to use some points and some cash. The only way I see us doing this is if another family/friend came along. We don't do cruising along. Older kids want company.

It sounds great. You just booked for this July?

We’ve taken 4 Alaskan cruises on HAL (all r/t Vancouver or Seattle) and will be going again in May for the 5th time. Obviously we like HAL and Alaska, but we’ve never used our points. I’d ask on the Cruise Critic boards, specifically the Holland America and Alaska forums. HAL is a more 'traditional' cruise line than a 'party hardy' line. NO jeans in the dining room at dinner (breakfast and lunch are fine). At minimum, coat and tie for men on formal nights.

In Vancouver we stay at the Pan Pacific pre-cruise. It is wonderful waking up to see the cruise ships outside your window and it is only an elevator ride down to the cruise terminal. Pricy, but 5-star and it can't be any more convenient.

We also use Limojet Gold rather than a taxi, to/from the airport. It isn't that much more expensive than a cab (if you get stuck in one of Vancouver's infamous traffic jams, the taxi meter will keep on ticking, while the limo is a set fee) and SO much nicer. If you have more than 2 people (and tons of luggage) the limo is the way to go IMHO.

AnnaS: we used 460 points for our 7 day cruise.
Mary Ellen: thanks for the limo info. We are staying at the Hampton Inn in Vancouver the night before departure on the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter