• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone use/heard of Melaleuca products?

LittleDino

Mouseketeer
I was just introduced to this company yesterday. And, of course, it sounds good. But what does everyone else think? Good or bad? Too expensive, too cheap? Any minimum orders required within a certain time frame? I'll listen to all opinions. TIA!

My sisters friend uses a lot of the products. She has had breast cancer twice and says she isn't taking any chances with anything. (Disclaimer-I don't know if this helps or not I am just posting what I was told.) She gave my sister some of the sunscreen to try and she said it was the best she has ever used.

I have been meaning to look into these as I currently use Method cleaning products and am interested in these other types of products. :)

I don't know anything about the products but I don't like the way they appear to do business. I am extremely cynical about all multi-level marketing schemes. I don't stay friends long with someone who tries to sell me crap I neither want nor need.

Our first encounter with Melaleuca was when a home health aide abused her position by selling my mother-in-law very expensive vitamins that she promised would improve her Multiple Sclerosis. We were able to return the vitamins, recover the money, and have the aide fired. We were furious because my mother-in-law was vulnerable, on a lot of other medications which might have been affected by whatever was in the Melaleuca product, and desperate for something that would improve her quality of life.

The second was when the company my husband works for did a large corporate event for Melaleuca. The reports of cult-like fervor by the attendees were just scary. Of course, the Pampered Chef/Southern Living/Mary Kay meetings also have that kind of freaky enthusiasm, but they aren't selling things to people promising to improve their health.

Again, I know nothing about the products or the quality of the products. YMMV.

Used to be popular around here 10-15 years ago. Typical Amway type scheme. The products are nasty also.

Used to be popular around here 10-15 years ago. Typical Amway type scheme. The products are nasty also.

yep...I heard of them over 10 years ago when my BOSS tried to make all of us sign up under him! I tried it for a very short time. Some of the products were good, some not so good ;) you had to buy a minimum of like $35 a month or something?? I remember a story of a laundromat using all their products and having MAJOR problems w/everything leaking and they said b/c their products having no "filler" so it unclogged all the problems that were already existing b/c their products were so great:confused3 doesn't sound great to me. This was just from memory 10+ years ago...but I would respectfully decline if I were approached again w/it.

I was under the impression that they sell direct now :confused3 maybe not

What about the products? Quality?

I do think they have some good products based on tea tree oil, but it is an idaho company so I am biased.

I am also biased since my DH is Vice President at a multi level marketing company that makes exceptional nutricutical/whole food products that really do change lives.....they changed mine and my fibromyalgia, and i have personally met hundreds of other people who also had fabulous health results.

yes, there are sleazy ones out there, but also very Mission driven good MLMs.

I was approached by someone a while back about selling their products. I'd heard good things about them so I agreed to listen to their sales pitch. The thing that really turned me off was the fact that they really talked up the reorder rate - but in actuality it was required and set up to automatically reorder every month. That really turned me off. It seemed so deceptive.

Incidently if you do a search for them on line you'll find some websites where people have been burned pretty badly. While their products seem to be pretty decent their business practices seem to be shady.

I don't use their cleaning products so I can't comment on that , but I know some people who will only use them. I'm sure they are fine.

I use their calcium, and I can say it is a really good product.

I have used their toothpaste, but after a few tubes, I discontinued because it is so expensive. Howeveer, it seemed like a good product too, just a lot of money.

I don't sell it, but have friends I order it from.

My mom buys Melaleuca products and there are things I like and things I don't like. But I think ALL of it is too expensive. JMO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter