• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone tried wearing Reef sandles in the park?

DisKate

DIS Veteran
I'm looking for some new flip flops to take to Disney with us next month. Normally I wear my Croc Athens at home, but I find that they don't work very well for a whole day of park touring. I was looking at a pair of Teva's at EMS but I don't like the ribbons that they have. I tried on a pair of the Reef's (one's with the bottle opener in the bottom) and they seemed very comfortable. Has anyone tried wearing these in the park? :confused3

TIA Katie

Yes! I always wear either the Reefs with the bottle opener or Croc Capri flip flops. I can't find them in stores anymore, but have seen them recently on amazon. I love Reefs, but the Croc Capri's are even more comfy.

If you think Reefs are comfortable, give Rainbows a try. By far the most comfortable and durable flip-flop's I've ever had. They've got several different models; I rock the men's premier leather double stack. They take a few days to break in and mold to your feet, but once that's done....pure win.

I have been wearing the reef "butter" flip flops for years in the parks. I LOVE them. In fact...they are my only shoes that I can wear all day and not have some discomfort.

Reef's are good. I also like Rainbows, but I find that while the leather wears nicely, the cheap rubber sole wears too quickly and becomes slippery. I just got a pair of Chaco's and love them. The sole seems extra durable and treaded, and they provide good arch support.

I grew up in a beach town and we wearing reefs all day long, all summer long walking up and down the boardwalk. They are by far the best flip flips I have ever owned. I plan on wearing my new reefs in 2 weeks when we are there.

ETA: Just so you have an idea of their durability - I have had the same pair of reefs for 15 years now. I pretty much just wear them around the house since the have gotten pretty beaten down, but there is still tread on them and still arch support and I wore those puppies all the time for several years.

That's all DH ever wears to parks. I wear tennis shoes to parks though... (and forgo the water rides)

ETA: The salesman did try to talk me into Rainbows and those will be my next flipflop purchase.

Yes!!! So funny you posted this because I just ordered a pair from Zappos for our trip next week. The one with the bottle opener is called Fanning, and they are by far the most comfortable flip flops I have ever owned. The last two times we went to Disney, I wore them all day long. They are so comfortable. I had my last pair for 4 years, but the straps are getting worn, so I ordered the new pair. I actually ordered a sandal for our last trip, but took the Reefs along as well. I wore the sandals one day, they hurt, so I ended up wearing my Reefs for the rest of the trip.

Yes! I always wear either the Reefs with the bottle opener or Croc Capri flip flops. I can't find them in stores anymore, but have seen them recently on amazon. I love Reefs, but the Croc Capri's are even more comfy.

I am so glad to hear this...I have been wearing my reef's for years. it is time for them to go, daily wear for 5 years has not been good to them.

I ordered a pair of Croc Capri's (waiting on delivery), now I am excited about it!

Thanks!

i am sure my mum wears Reef flip-flops round some of the parks and have never heard her complain that her feet hurt. my gran on the other hand wears Crocs and she swears by them. :goodvibes

I have never tried Reef's my mom has, i wear a flip flop called Sanuk, they are the most comfortable sandles i've ever owned hands down.

8 days at WDW wearing Reef flips, they are so comfy! I have had them for a few years and have no clue about the style which is a pain since I want another pair! I just ordered a pair of Teva flips, hope they are as comfy as my Reefs!

Favorite park shoe!! I have to wear the one with the thick strap, though. The thin, fabric one is not comfortable for me.

Reefs are my flip flop of choice in the parks! I first discovered them when I borrowed a pair from my old roommate and then walked around Washington DC for 16 hours in them with no foot pain. Now I swear by them!

I have 3 pairs, 2 black, one brown and find it is good to alternate between the different pairs from day to day.

My mom and I both swear by the Sandy Reefs :love:

We each own a few pair, at least 8 pair in multiple colors.

Most of the pairs we have are at least 3-5 years old and we will be wearing them to the parks when we go next year.

I just bought a pair yesterday. So glad to read that they are as comfy and durable as they seemed in the store.

I tried them on and was hooked. Leaving in 8 days!

I would never go to Disney without my Reefs! It's a running family joke that we have to have at least one picture on every trip with my feet showing just to prove that they were there too! Going on 8 years with the same pair. Like my son's blanket "stripey" that goes along for all the trips so do my Reefs!

I have NEVER been able to wear flip flops. I've tried several types and have just not been able to tolerate the thing between my toes :confused3

A couple of weeks ago we were at a Vanity Fair outlet and I found Reefs for $9.95. Remembering the name from the many shoe threads from the Dis, I decided to give them a try.

I LOVE them. They are the Lily Reefs. I can't say how they will be walking in the parks, but I've been wearing them everywhere and not had any trouble so far.

Edited: I thought they were the Sandy Reefs, after looking on Amazon I see that they are the Lily Reefs:
http://www.amazon.com/Reef-Lily-Womens-Sandal/dp/B002IYBC1W/ref=pd_sbs_shoe_3

I would never ever ever go without my reef's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love them!!!!!!!! :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter