Anyone tried "sea bands"

Thanks y'all!! I guess since you are all saying Sea Bands that that is the name that I ask for at the pharmacy? And Bonine too? I think I may need to take both of those for my dd ...just in case.
She rode RR and Mission Space this past May and did great, but the car still 'throws' her:goodvibes, so I'm really unsure and want to be ready!

Celebrating our 1st Disney Cruise, my 50th Birthday, and Inlaws 50th Anniversary!

:yay::yay:

At my local Walmart, they kept them behind the pharmacy counter, they had children's and adult sizes for $4.57 a pair. I then saw them on the shelf at CVS, they were over $10 a pair!!!! So I would definitely check Walmart first! I have never heard of Bonine, I'm assuming it's over the counter?

I just read on another thread that they will give it to you free on the ship, but it's better to take some before you get on. Good to know. People on there are swearing by green apples though!

My husband used them and swears by them. I plan to have them with me for my daughter on her first cruise in September.

They work great on morning sickness. I had enough of that the first time around - I could definitely tell when I wasn't wearing the bands or when the plastic thing came off the pressure point! It may be all in your head, but who cares if it works, right?

Sorry, I tried them and they did not work for me. I tried to combine them with bonnine also, but didn't find this to work for me either. I finally gave in and tried the patch behind the ear and that works great. a little bit of a dry mouth, but no other issues and definitely no horrible motion sickness. we were on the med cruise last aug and the ship lost power for about an hour (in total) and there was alot -alot- of motion.....I don't think I would've made it thru without the patch or if I had been on the bonine/bracelet combo.

I am quite prone to motion sickness--I've had issues on a catamaran, a helicopter, airplane, cars, trains, buses...etc. So manbe I am just more sensitive than most. My kids fly with the "motion bracelets" and they do not have any issues on flights or on the cruises. They do have issues in the car.

I honestly hate the idea of taking medication, but I have been on 8 disney cruises and was always a bit green for some portion of the cruise. I initally tried the patch when we went to Hersheypark in July, 2010. It was a "trial run" because we were going on the med cruise in Aug. I went on a "crazy rollercoaster upside down thing" and although I was naseous for the first minute after the ride was over, by the time I walked down off the platform, I wasn't feeling ill anymore! I was amazed! I never would've tried a ride like that without the patch. I'm the type that typically has issues on the merry-go-round. So when we went on the med cruise in Aug, 2010, I used the patch and it worked great.

Just my 2 cents....

Great to know about the patch!!!:cool1: I get motion sick VERY easily, so this is great to hear! This is our first cruise, so i really don't know what to expect. Given that you get motion sickness as well and still are planning cruises makes me feel better!!! :rotfl: I will definitely be packing the patch for myself. DH, "never" gets motion sick....hopefully he doesn't eat those words! I would really hate to use medication on my lil' ones though, so will probably pick up a couple pressure bands for them! Thanks for the info!! :)

My DH suffers from severe motion sickness. On our first cruise, he was seriously considering getting off at Key West and not coming back! Turns out, we didn't start the Bonine soon enough. He swears by Bonine, he loves the stuff and won't cruise without it. We tried the ear patch thing and it did nothing.

This trip, we are spending a few days at Universal before we board. Bonine will be put to the ultimate test :woohoo:

My DD get sea sick, Sea bands work for her (she also uses them for flying now too). Our last cruise she took them off one afternoon and paid for it. She got so sick she missed dinner, after that she never took them off.

One of our party got a little sea sick when we first left the port. She took a dramamine and said right before it worked she felt all this pressure in her head and then it like popped and she felt better after. She thought she was going to pass out. Soooo I was afraid to use any. Is this a common thing or just something weird with her do you think?

Obviously they seem to work for some people and others maybe not. While I personally have not used them, I am biased towards anti nausea drugs, and would put my money first on something like Bonine (meclizine HCL) or Gravol (dimenhydrinate HCL).

Bottom line, even if it is a placebo effect (which can happen with lots of treatments, and they work, you are ahead of the game, if not, you can always resort to the drugs. I am willing to bet, if a kid for instance thinks they are going to get sick, the suggestion of the Sea Bands might work and if it does, great! Just make sure you have a "Plan B" !

FWIW
Luvstocruise

One of our party got a little sea sick when we first left the port. She took a dramamine and said right before it worked she felt all this pressure in her head and then it like popped and she felt better after. She thought she was going to pass out. Soooo I was afraid to use any. Is this a common thing or just something weird with her do you think?

She waited too long to take it. This was part of the motion sickness. The popping feeling was the meds kicking in. I know because it's the same feeling I get when I forget to take motion sickness meds even in the car. It's the first sign things are going to go downhill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter