• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone travelled by coach??

loobymiss

Mouseketeer
I am looking into going to DLP in February with the coach company Leger. We've never been abroad with the kids before and am very nervous.

Has anyone travelled by coach and/or with Leger? Also, how long does it take to get to the resort from the ferry or tunnel terminal?

Thanks

Hi!
I am travelling with Leger for the first time in about 10 days time, so will happily let you know how we get on. We didn't get our timings for coach pick ups til a couple of days ago but we are being picked up at 11.40am ( we are in Essex) for a 3.15 ferry crossing. We've been told that we will be setting off from Calais at around 5.45pm French time and are planned to arrive at The Explorers Hotel at around 10pm. Will let you know if it all goes to plan!
Karen x

Thank you very much for the info, that is really useful.:)

I must admit to being quite surprised at how long the journey is and the departure times!

I am from Hampshire near Portsmouth so any idea what sort of time I would have to leave?

Also is there a size limit/weight allowance for the luggage? Is it better to have one big case or 2 or 3 small one's for the family?

we have travelled by coach many times ,we are from hull so its a really early start 6.am for us to get to dover for about lunchtime ,im always amazed how well the children behave on such a long journey ,just take loads of drinks and snacks with you as they are really pricey at service stations ,games and comics ,mp3 players etc and it will be all worth it when you start to spot the mickey mouse signs for disney they get so excited (and so do I ) on the way back they will all be so knac*****D it no problem have a great time

Taken from the leaflet we got with our documents last time
" You are allowed to take ONE medium sized case per passenger (this includes kids), that should weigh no more than 20kg when full. Please do not bring large suitcases with yoou - the risk to you is that we may have to leave it behind. Your hand luggage can be stored in the overhead racks aboard the coach. Large pieces of luggage may need to be kept under your seat, or be placed in the hold of your vehicle, on request of your crew"

Can't help on the timings I'm afraid we're about 235 miles from Dover and the journey took us just under 6 hours with an hour stop, plus 2 x 15/20 minute pick up stops, so not too different to what I would estimate myself if I was driving.

In the same leaflet it states
"There will be one 45-minute break on each feeder journey, for the opportunity to stretch your legs and enjoy refreshments, if you are picked up within 3 hours of the port, you will receive a short break at the Interhcange. Refreshments may not always be availale on your feeder service, but they will be available on your tour coach."

yeah i have gone by coach as well it took a total of about 8 hours or so to get from our house to disney it was ok and a good way for us to go on our first ever hoilday as everything was taken care off but wouldnt do it again

yeah i have gone by coach as well it took a total of about 8 hours or so to get from our house to disney it was ok and a good way for us to go on our first ever hoilday as everything was taken care off but wouldnt do it again

That is why I am doing the coach thing, so hopefully I don't have to worry!

Are you not doing it again by coach because of the journey time or because you feel confident enough to go it alone??

Does anyone who has travelled with Leger know if a folding buggy counts as one persons luggage? There are 5 of us ( myself and 4 kids ) and we've just received our luggage labels, 1 for each of us. Now I know when you travel by plane you can take a pushchair in addition to your luggage allowance, but not sure by coach if this applies. Anyone know? Also, its says in the info we've been sent that refreshments are sold on the coach ( its the Silver Service Leger coach). Anyone know what sorts of things and how expensive is it? If its reasonably priced it'll save me having to take food and drink for the journeys but we're on quite a tight budget so don't want to waste money buying stuff on the coach if I could save it to spend in the Disney parks, if that makes sense. Thanks

I can't help with the journey aspect but I saw Leger dropping people off at the Explorers hotel several evenings and I was impressed with how well the drivers were looking after their passengers. :)

That is why I am doing the coach thing, so hopefully I don't have to worry!

Are you not doing it again by coach because of the journey time or because you feel confident enough to go it alone??

becasue it took so long and also becasue we would of been resticed for when we went either august bank hoilday or oct half term and last year when we went on the august one it was hell so we wanted a off season one

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter