Anyone think DCL will do anything for it's 10th ann in 08

minnieandmickey

Queen of the run on sentence!
With all the hoopla with the Magic going to the Med. next year,what about 2008 when it will be the Magic's 10th anniversary. Anyone think they will do special cruises that year?

Probably circumnavigate South America with a trans-Pac to Hong Kong then Transpac to Panama and come back through the canal.

Hmmmmm, good question!!!

They did take a break between Calif (2005) and the Med (2007). They do have an obligation to visit their Caribbean ports a certain amount of times, or they might lose their space.

What they may do is something celebrating their 10th anniversary in the Caribbean ... different ports maybe ... since the Caribbean/Bahamas is where it all began for them.

A glorious expansion program that will see the fleet expand by 1 ship a year beginning in 2008! New ships are so be located in Florida, California, the Med & the orient to tie in with all of the Disney parks. A total of 8 new ships will be built:
-1 new Florida ship
-2 California ships
-2 Japan based ships
-2 2 Med/European based ships
-1 Alaska (OK, no park tie-in but it makes sense!)

I believe for it's 10th anniversary DCL will either announce that it is buliding a new ship or hopefully have one already to go. I also think that this new cruise ship will be for the pacific! :sunny:

I am hopeful it is something special. I made a request last March for the Walt suite for 2008. I told them I wanted to be on the ship for our anniversary which is July 1st, the day before (June 30th) is the 10th anniversary date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter