Anyone tent camped in June at the Fort?

mouse2mouse

Mouseketeer
My son graduates the end of May and I was wondering if anyone had tent camped in June. Also, how busy are the parks? We did tent camp 2 days in July a few years back...but lucked up with some unseasonably cooler weather:? When visited in July we didn't do the parks. thanks for any input and ideas for rain showers.

Quite a few years ago we camped there the second week of June. Never again. It was hot, muggy and the parks were far more crowded than we thought they'd be. We didn't have much rain that week.

We normally went in either April or Oct however that year our son graduated 8th grade in May and didn't want to take a week off his freshman year for the fall trip. Halfway through the week he said "From now on I'm fine with being off for a week." :laughing:

Quite a few years ago we camped there the second week of June. Never again. It was hot, muggy and the parks were far more crowded than we thought they'd be. We didn't have much rain that week.

We normally went in either April or Oct however that year our son graduated 8th grade in May and didn't want to take a week off his freshman year for the fall trip. Halfway through the week he said "From now on I'm fine with being off for a week." :laughing:

:thumbsup 2nd this! OP, don,t know where you're from, but being from the deep south, you WILL BE miserable :eek: There are many who tent camp then, but you'd better bring lots of fans, portable air conditioner or such. I still will not do it even though going to Disney in the summer is my favorite time because of the long hours in the parks and I just go with the flow with the heat - can take that lots better than cold. I can't take the "everything seems to stay damp feeling" when I'm trying to sleep. Lots of quick thunderstorms in the summer keep it nice and sticky :rotfl:. But, we duck into lots of AC places plus have our AC MH to sleep in. Whatever, have fun, because there will be those that tell you it's the greatest thing since sliced bread - to each his own :goodvibes

Never in June for me. Yellowflies, Deerflies, or whatever you call them.

We went ONCE end of May and first couple days of June. Too dang hot! But, it was busy, so some people can take the heat and the crowds.

We normally go in Dec. for extended or March. We have never been during the summer time. Wanted to bring several other 18 yrs olds along with my son and the cheapest way was a tent...looking for other options now:)

:thumbsup 2nd this! OP, don,t know where you're from, but being from the deep south, you WILL BE miserable :eek: There are many who tent camp then, but you'd better bring lots of fans, portable air conditioner or such. I still will not do it even though going to Disney in the summer is my favorite time because of the long hours in the parks and I just go with the flow with the heat - can take that lots better than cold. I can't take the "everything seems to stay damp feeling" when I'm trying to sleep. Lots of quick thunderstorms in the summer keep it nice and sticky :rotfl:. But, we duck into lots of AC places plus have our AC MH to sleep in. Whatever, have fun, because there will be those that tell you it's the greatest thing since sliced bread - to each his own :goodvibes

We are from the NC!:banana:

Thanks for the input. I am going to check into the 30% off room rates. I know they would have more fun at the Fort but gotta check other options. I dont mind being hot but my DH sure does. I think my kids would hate heat and lines since they have been several times with no lines and great weather.

We are from the NC!:banana:

:thumbsup2 I'm from south LA, but this has been home since "good ole IBM" deposited us here :lmao: We do love it here though (Raleigh area) and plan to stay. But it can be very hot in FL from April-Oct. but the crowds and heat in the parks do not bother me :goodvibes Have a good trip, we plan to go to the F&G show in April. :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter