Anyone take a shuttle?

luckycharms2010

Mouseketeer
We're considering staying further from the park, up to 5 miles away and taking a shuttle to the park in order to get a nicer hotel for the price of a cheap one within walking distance.
Has anyone else done this? Was it better to stay at a Super 8 type of hotel close or a further nicer hotel?

I have taken a shuttle from the airport, but never from a hotel to the park. If you want something closer, but less expensive, we enjoyed the Super 8 on the backside of the park (Disneyland Dr, I think?) It was a short walk from there to the Mickey and Friends parking lot where we could take the Disney tram for free from there to the park. Other than that the Quality Inn on S. Manchester is about a 10-15 min walk and is inexpensive and nice enough.

Oh I just saw your daughters name, Delilah. That is the name we have wanted for a daughter for the last 6 years. What a beautiful name :goodvibes Someday, hopefully, we will be blessed with a girl!

I've stated at the Holiday Inn that's further away from DLR...not sure what street its on. But we used the ART shuttles, and that worked out fine. Just have to ask the front desk which route your hotel is on. I think a new shuttle comes every 20 mins starting from 7:30a-12:30a. It was $4 a day to use the ART as much as you needed.
Our shuttle was always on time.

BUT a few months later we stayed at this place on Katella, which was walkable but my mom has a bad knee and we had breakfast reservations so we took it one day. It was FULL but we squeezed in. Later on, my sister went back for a nap and said the shuttle never came so she ended up walking. Then that night we were at DLR waiting for our ART bus, which was route 12, and we saw it pull up to the route 1 stop, pick up those people and never got us!! We walked again. Thankfully we were staying within a reasonable walking distance!!

I don't know of any other shuttles besides the ART but I guess it's a hit or miss with them.

I would personally stay at a cheaper place closer to the parks. It's just easier to walk. I know lots of people here talk highly of the Candy Cane Inn, Best Western Park Place and the HoJo.

I would do cheaper closer to the parks. When we stayed further away and took ART, we spent less time at the hotel because of the distance and not wanting to take the time to go back and forth timewise with the shuttle.

I would definitely do cheaper that is closer to the park...

There is the Super 8 and Americas Best Value on Katella that is about a 15 minute walk away... We throughly enjoyed ABVI as it was a smaller hotel with nice pool and Jacuzzi and included free wifi, parking and breakfast.... We saved $1000 on our 11 night stay compared to the closer hotels (Park Vue etc) and it was only 8 minutes further to walk...

With a 5, 3 and 1 year old you want to stay as close as possible... If not at the Grand Cali, then someplace across Harbor like BWPPI!

Candy Cane Inn. They have a free shuttle, but it's close enough to walk. Their ownly drawback is a 'totally carbohydrates" breakfast (included).

I've stayed at the Disney Hotels and also at Homewood Suites, which is about a mile away. To be honest, the shuttle is a pain. It picks up every half hour and was always on time but I hated being on a schedule. It's much easier to just walk back and forth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter